Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Copies!

Options
  • 22-11-2006 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

This morning I decided to pick up my free copy of the Metro. I was in the car. The guy handed me 5 copies of it in a bunch and before I could say anything he was running down to the next car. What the f*ck am I supposed to do with 5 copies of this crap. Sure I might aswell start distributing them myself. Seriously though, what is the story? Can these lads only finish their job when they have gotten rid of all copies, or are they paid on the amount they hand out? Surely not! Don't think I'll be taking anymore...I'm off now to the recycle bank.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

Haha. I got three shoved in my car window at 7 o clock this morning. I too went straight to the recycle bin in work. I think those dudes must work on a quota, the more the bring back, the less they get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hahaha thats quality, but in fairness if they did work on a quota they could just dump all the spare copies themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

They don't finish until they hand them all out. I usually ask for 4/5 at all junctions and just fire them into the recycling bin in the carpark at work. Feel sorry for the fckers, particularly on cold wet morns and prob better that they are definitely recycled anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Hehehe, kinda reminds me of that Irish Pride add where she shoves all those papers in the bin.

Got 3 copies of the Metro and 4 of the Herald AM one morning st the roundabout in Sandyford! What is a person supposed to do with that many papers?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Why don't you drop an email to the Metro office and tell them what happened this morning? It's a sinful waste of paper imo. As someone said, they don't finish until they have all been distributed so if they can't be arsed doing their job properly they should be reported and let someone else do the job instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

What is a person supposed to do with that many papers?????

1. Open a chip shop
    2. Wrap Christmas Presents
    3. Origami

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

4. Make paper hats for everybody in the office
    5. Make a paper airplane armada

Was mentioned, sending them a mail would probably be best, or just dont roll down the window in the morning. If you have to read it, borrow the paper off someone in work..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Yep, anytime I've gotten a copy I've found another 1/2 rolled up inside it. Bit of a waste. They're desperate to get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

6. Emergency toilet paper

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Yestreday morning, I was getting my free Herald AM (I prefer them to the Metro for the sole reason that their sudoku is harder) and the woman gave me two. It may have been because I had stopped walking to take one but she said something like "Oh, I gave you two". I gave one back, she took it and I was on my way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

7. Pirate hat
    8. Clean the windows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

rymus wrote:
    3. Origami

Good thinking. That'll kill off some wednesday morning boredom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

9. drop the excess on the ground and make them clean it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Why don't you drop an email to the Metro office and tell them what happened this morning? It's a sinful waste of paper imo. As someone said, they don't finish until they have all been distributed so if they can't be arsed doing their job properly they should be reported and let someone else do the job instead.

The Metro wouldnt care. They probably tell the guys to do this so that they can tell advertisers that their circulation is much higher than it is.

Advertisement