Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where do i stand!

Options
  • 21-11-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I've been seeing a girl from college for about two months now but i'm still not really sure where i stand relationship wise. We got togeather on a college night out and have been seeing & texting each other ever since.

The only time we really get to see each other is based around college. She stays in dublin during the week and gose to meath at the weekend while i'm still living at home in kildare. With both of us working alot there's little time for us to spend time togeather but i really like this girl and we seem to be getting on great.

I want it to work but its really hard to make time for each other considering our situation and i'm still not sure if she considers us to be officially a 'couple' yet!

I'm not even sure what i want from this thread, maybe some advice from anyone who's been in a similar situation!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I was in a relationship that started like this once. I guess from 'got together' you mean kissed or whatever, so yeah ye're a couple of some sort. To be honest, no need to talk about it with her unless you want to. I first realised I was in a relationship when she asked what I wanted for my birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 i-like-rain

Yes I found it difficult to know exactly when I was actually in a relationship too!! just see how it goes and you will just know!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sounds like you are dating, why don't you ask her ?
    Why not have a converstaion about not seeing other people and see how it goes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

When she buys you something to wear you are in a relationship. :)

One thought, could you plan a weekend away together just to get some time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What base have you reached?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

wyndham wrote:
    What base have you reached?

I'd love to know what the relevance of this question it. I'd say you might have been looking for this forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=644

OP: No one here will be able to give you a definitive answer on where you stand, so just ask her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

You could always ask her how she feels and tell her how you feel. Just talk about the whole situation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Thaedydal wrote:
    Why not have a converstaion about not seeing other people and see how it goes ?

Or rather just ask her out straight as to where you stand. Tends to end confusion straight away.

K-

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You're dating. If you want more of a commitment, share your feelings with each other and see where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

It sounds to me that you have just really started seeing each other and are in the early stages of a realationship.

Just take it from there. Maybe in a month or two ask her out straight on where you stand with her then you will know for sure..

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Ask her, not us.

Advertisement