Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uh Oh....

Options
  • 21-11-2006 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Unaccustommed to gambling as I am...

I decided to put a yankee on some matches tonight both CL and FA Cup 1st Round replays.

Called into the bookies, picked my 5 teams (I know, I know, don't ask me how I did it...) and filled out the docket.

I specified €2 yankee on the docket, paid €22 to the teller, but the docket clearly has 5 teams listed.

Where does my bet stand?

PS (The 5th team on the docket was CSKA, so I'm hoping they just take the first four and work off that :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

whodini wrote:
    Unaccustommed to gambling as I am...

I decided to put a yankee on some matches tonight both CL and FA Cup 1st Round replays.

Called into the bookies, picked my 5 teams (I know, I know, don't ask me how I did it...) and filled out the docket.

I specified €2 yankee on the docket, paid €22 to the teller, but the docket clearly has 5 teams listed.

Where does my bet stand?
    I'd imagine the bookies will just take the first 4 teams listed on your docket and ignore the 5th team.

Hopefully the team you had writen down 5th was a 1/7 shot or something equally as insignificant! It wasn't Porto was it?

Edit: Just seen your Edit, you're a lucky boy! The gambling Gods seem to be smiling down upon you tonight buddy! Its destined to be a winner after that! Good luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

Much appreciated Pighead, the other four for anyone who is concerned are

Man Utd
    Madrid
    Walsall
    Scunthorpe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Nah, they would pay out as though the bet was a canadian - ie. take the €22 and divide by what 26? or however many bets are in a canadian. Not that it matters as you didn't get a double up, but you'll know for again.

Advertisement