Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goin on a stags to edinburgh

• 21-11-2006 8:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

im off this weekend, anyone suggest some good things to do? about 8 lads mid to late 20's.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Go somewhere else. Edinburgh doesn't want stag and hen parties. Go to Glasgow. They welcome that kind of stuff.

If you're determined to go to Edinburgh, then there's really no end of things to do, but you're going to need to be more specific if you want my help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Faith wrote:
    Go somewhere else. Edinburgh doesn't want stag and hen parties. Go to Glasgow. They welcome that kind of stuff.

If you're determined to go to Edinburgh, then there's really no end of things to do, but you're going to need to be more specific if you want my help.

ok its not your usual stag of louts for starters. no interest in strip clubs or using rope to tie anyone up.

Things to do during the day etc. Something to entertain us during the day that doesnt involve a pub.

You're probably gone by now, but the zoo is fun. Failing that, there's the castle, the Edinburgh Dungeons, take a tour of the Vaults (you'll find tour guides on the Royal Mile), climb Arthur's Seat, play football in the Meadows, take a bus tour of the city...

I'm sure there's much more, but I can't think of them right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Had my stag their last June, it’s a good venue. Rose Street was a bit dead but the glass market area or as the locals call it the pubic triangle is interesting of an evening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pubic_Triangle.

There are lost of nice little bars around, if you want to sample the local culture. The ghost/ Dungeons tours are very good, but I would avoided them if you have much beer on you

What did you do in the end, OP?

I met horse loads of Irish guys at a club on Sunday night. I don't know what was going on!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

We were there from Fri and left sunday afternoon. had a ball. Didnt bother with any of that shoite at the pubic triangle. Can remember a few of the bars we were at, Frankenstein and Espionage being 2 that spring to mind.

In general tho we found the level of service appaulling in alot of restaurants over the weekend.

During the way we kinda split up, the newbies did sightseeing, the rest of us either shopped or watched the matches.

Advertisement