Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SGA, Season 3, Episode 11: The Return Part II [SPILERS]

Options
  • 21-11-2006 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Well there it is i cant watch it for another hour tho :(
    anyway what did u all think of it?

Rate This Episode 14 votes

0%
    21%
    GerardKeatingcotwoldMoe Lester 3 votes
    21%
    Pugsleydrive3331deman 3 votes
    28%
    Mr EUser45701thelordofcheesealastair_doom 4 votes
    14%
    NukemKojak 2 votes
    14%
    Ivansenordingdong 2 votes
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - A Few More Like This And Ill Stop Watching
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Well there you go.. theres one born every minute :p

Ep 3.11 hasn't aired yet.. and wont for a few more months from what I have head

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Just seen the other post. Looks like its next week in canada

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

its out i guarantee you and to prove it i will post what i thought of the episode i just have to watch prison break and heroes first because a mate who likes them is here and he does not like SGA!

It aired last nite in canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

this episode was fecking class.

for all if those who wonder if it is even on in canada it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yup, this episode is out. Just spotted it now and should have it in 40min or so. Movie Channel in Canada are back showing it on a weekly basis.

• Advertisement

good episode enjoyed it but its not as good as i thought it would be...
    i kinda had the idea in my head they would re-take the city and the replicators would be on there city in orbit about to destroy the city then the wraith would fly in and massacre the city while the SGA crew cloak Atlantis so they wraith truly believe it has been destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It was good, could have been better.
    Nice to have Jack taking the piss out of Wolsey;
    'Ive been sitting beside you since this began, what makes you think i have any more information?' :D
    Really enjoyed those scenes. The rest was just good stargate.
    The daring plan to save the day.
    8/10

Love that Canadian channel that shows them early. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Not really sure what to make of this episode. It was ok I suppose but I thought it was a waste of the ancient angle. Why bother introducing them at all just to kill them off in the next episode?

Am also curious, what happened to the ancient warship that they found them in in the last episode?

the warship is still out there a decent bit from the midway station, it has no hyper drive and im guessing its too advanced for them to fix

Yes it was a waste of introducing them and then killing them off

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Fairly mediocre episode, imho. I saw the whole "twist" coming a mile away and though I didnt know the intricacies of the plan, the whole scene where they laid out the plan before the audience still felt empty.

So yeah, all in all I'm feeling incredibly "mneh" about the whole atlantis endeavour, so I guess nothing has changed there :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

here lads you are not thinking straight.

this episode didnt just show them getting atlantis back and killing the repicators that took it over(although there is more out there alot more).

THEY GOT 3 Zpm's. how cool is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I loved this episode ... there were some fantastic lines too, like

"What were you doing in the flooded part of the city?"
    "The backstroke"

(Its an oldie, but a goodie!).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Moe Lester wrote:
    here lads you are not thinking straight.

this episode didnt just show them getting atlantis back and killing the repicators that took it over(although there is more out there alot more).

THEY GOT 3 Zpm's. how cool is that.
    would the zpms not disintegrate like everything else replicatorish?
    or are they physically made like the repairs to the tower?

i doubt the zpms where replicaters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I enjoyed this one, but it was really Jack that made it, without him it would have been a fairly average episode, but Jack really was on form for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ravenford

Lads, didnt expect to come across an irish board for stargate, but this is great!

Just want to throw in my bit - they now either have the 3 replicator zpms (the replicators did say they had to dismantle the ship they came in to fix stargate operations, so maybe they were replicator parts, maybe they werent) AND at least the one zpm from the ancient warship!

I agree with the rest of ye, a good ep, but a total waste of the ancient entrance - that was sooo plausible, would have been the perfect opportunity to replace the 2D characters of Ronan and Tayla with some actual good ones like the captain of that warship! Could see her and Weir buttin heads!

Now - anyone know if those lovely canadians will be supplyin the next ep this week???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

9/10

Replicator - What were you planning?
    O'Neill - Well, I was planning on retiring but.....

Classic Jack. Miss him loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

mcgarnicle wrote:
    Not really sure what to make of this episode. It was ok I suppose but I thought it was a waste of the ancient angle. Why bother introducing them at all just to kill them off in the next episode?

Am also curious, what happened to the ancient warship that they found them in in the last episode?

I was wondering that also. The ancients were the most powerful being around and they seem to have had no effect on their creations - you'd think in the 10,000 years or so since they created the replicators that they'd have devised a means of defeating them :confused:

Did anyone else notice a huge hurricane over Atlantis just near the start of the ep. It happened after the team and the jumper had gone into orbit and were beginning their decent back to the city. AFAIK that was just lifted straight from "The Storm".

O'Neill was good, but for some reason he never seems to be the same on Atlantis as when he appears on SG1. Woolsey was just annoying - whinging all the time. I do find it funny that he always seems to be eating something when he's on Atlantis, maybe a joke from Voyager where he couldn't eat anything. :D

The hug between O'Neill and Weir at the end was just weird and I don't know why it was put in :confused:

The use of Woolsey as a dis-information tool was a good idea, if not a little transparent.

A 7/10 in my opinion. Without O'Neill it would have been very average - nothing to really make it stand out as a mid-season 2-parter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Terrible episode.
    As said already, the use of the Ancients in the previous episode was not only pointless, but very stupid of the writers. Bringing back a group of people from a race that died out ten thousand years ago, who happen to be the greatest, smartest race to ever exist...then kill them off with a click of the fingers. They should have been around longer, but in my opinion they shouldn't have been in it at all....the story should have been written as such that the 'Ancients' they encountered were infact replicators in disguise.

Again there were characters pointlessly hanging around, Ronin...would have thought he'd be useful in the re-taking of Atlantis but alas he was not. All that Teyla did was point out he obvious by shouting 'drones' when the Asurans fired Drones at the jumpers. And why the hells were Beckitt and Weir brought along for a military strike? Bloody ridiculous. There are too many main characters in this show and it is having a negative effect on the show.

This episode was only good for a few twists which were un-expectidly creative but ultimatly crap. Such as, blowing up the tower, that was very unexpected, but they dug themselves into a hole there that was too difficult to write out of so they had the replicators re-build it...bloody cop out. And if our understanding of replicators is true, then the 'new' tower would have fallend apart once they activated the weapon. The same goes for the rest of the city...if they are going to decimate the city like that then they really should write a better way out of it....or they could just use time travel...that always works(!)

Wolsey was infuriating again in this episode...I can't shake the Wolsey we were introduced to in season 7...he was a hardass suit. Now he's a bleed'n ****ehawk. If it wasn't for Jack, this epsidoe would have been a complete waste, which brings me back to my other point about too many characters.
    I only gave this a 6 and I'm regretting that now.

Advertisement