Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which internal organs can you pinch?

Options
  • 21-11-2006 5:56pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If you grabbed someone (or even yourself) around the midriff, which organs could you squeeze? Can you reach a spleen from outside?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

how big are your hands?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

pretty big, we're talking Pat Jennings here (not my own hands, just for the sake of argument)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,400 ✭✭✭✭kippy

When posts like these come up I wonder exactly what kind of an idiot can come up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

the kidneys?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you grabbed someone (or even yourself) around the midriff, which organs could you squeeze? Can you reach a spleen from outside?
    Spleen and liver are protected by the ribcage. Mostly you would hold intestines in your hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Testicles. Ouch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

pretty big, we're talking Pat Jennings here (not my own hands, just for the sake of argument)

I'd be looking for some concrete specifications before I could possibly make an asumption. Would probably need some basic measurements of the person you were putting your hands around too.
    Why would you ask this kind of question without having the figures ready from the get-go?
    Some might think you were just asking stupid questions for no reason...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Didn't that guy in Indiana Jones squeeze Harrison Ford's heart... man that must've hurt.

Testicles, intestines, kidneys (perhaps) and if you're strong enough you might catch the top of the bowel.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, the heart pinch is particularily painful.
    *Harvest the lower horn*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Your kidneys would be accessible. For womem, you could theoretically reach the womb and ovaries. You could maybe get at the liver too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Not sure about the kidneys. They have a pretty think layer of fat surrounding them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

this thread is wrong on so many levels.

me ghoulies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Im never leaving the house again! :eek:

There are organ-pinchers about!!

B

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Im never leaving the house again! :eek:

There are organ-pinchers about!!

B
    prostate :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

LOL! ;)
    hmm... *rethink*

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

No-one mentioned pinching an eyeball !! I reacon that'd hurt a bit.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

appendix...or i cud b4 it was robbed by a surgeon...prick wudnt let me keep it...not hygenic or some ballox :P em atleast i think it was my appendix:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Skin!

Oh wait...internal...nvm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Your organ.:)

If your hands are that long then you can shove them up your bum you can pinch just about any organ you wanted to.

What the hell put this into your mind anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

thrill wrote:
    Your organ.:)

If your hands are that long then you can shove them up your bum you can pinch just about any organ you wanted to.
    thrill wrote:

What the hell put this into your mind anyway?

says the guy who came up with shoving his hands up his bum :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What about your biggest organ then ?

It's not internal ;)

Then again I know some people and I'd swear they can touch an organ when using cotton buds to clean their ears. stop pushing when you feel resistance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

LINK: http://www.enh.org/uploadedImages/internalorgans.jpg

Liver, large &small intestine, gallbladder, kidneys.
    Maybe womb, maybe bladder if the hands were big enough and bladder was full.

Why do you ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

deswalsh wrote:
    LINK: http://www.enh.org/uploadedImages/internalorgans.jpg

Liver, large &small intestine, gallbladder, kidneys.
    Maybe womb, maybe bladder if the hands were big enough and bladder was full.

Why do you ask?
    As someone already mentioned, there is the old problem of ribs protecting a lot of that.

What you could grab would depend on what level of fat or muscle you have.
    Find a skinny person to rumage around on. Beer had taken its toll and I didnt find anything.....yet......

Advertisement