Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Investment bonds?

Options
  • 21-11-2006 1:56pm

I was in my local Ulster Bank yesterday making a withdrawal from my current account.

The teller started telling me that I had quite large balance and that basically the money was doing nothing for me.

Why not take up an investment bond she advised me. One of them is for 5 years 11 months with a guaranteed return of 8% gross.

Are these worth taking up? When it says 8% gross does that mean I will have to pay tax/vat or something on the return? Should I steer clear?

Any advice would be appreciated ...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Man u were better stick it in a savings account, at least you would be able to access it at will and it would gain a better interest rate. BOI have 2 products one called "Smartsave" and the other "Smartchoice" that may suit your needs. You dont have to have a BOI a/c. If you need more info PM me and ill be able to put you in contact with someone in Dublin.

Advertisement