Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OU Conversion Vs New BSc

• 21-11-2006 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Quick question.

I'm about to apply for the OU Psychology programme but just need some clarification. I already have a BSc (Hons) but its only a 2.2 and in IT. I know I can go through the conversion and get the qualification but will it stick at a 2.2 level. In this case would I be better starting from scratch and getting higher grade especially in line with applying for postgrad courses???

Thanks as always

Daniel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 busybee2

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure if i fully understand your question? I'm taking it that you think just because you take the conversion route in psychology that your grade will automatically stay at a 2.2?? i got a 2.2 in my first degree, which was also unrelated to psychology, i then proceeded to do the H.Dip in Psychology, and got a 2.1. The latter is what post-grad courses look for, it doesn't matter if it's a 3/4 year degree or a 2 year H.Dip in psychology so long as it's recognised by the PSI. anyway, why bother spending 3/4 years doing a course that you could complete in 2? i'm currently doing a doctorate in clinical psychology, so getting a 2.2 in my first degree didn't do me any harm. if i didn't answer your question properly please feel free to pm me, as i didn't really understand what you were trying to say.

best of luck with it all,
    busybee

Advertisement