Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost I.D.?

Options
  • 21-11-2006 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

Hey, don't know if this is the right place for this but I'l give it a go here!
    I lost my ID last night, both college and national cards, they fell out of my wallet somewhere on campus, now I'm gonna go to the student union bout my college one but what do ye do when ye lose your national card? just go to the guards, tell em and apply for a new one?
    Thanx!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Like any other document yeah Id presume so. Theyll probably give ya a scowl, lest they think yiv sold it to some 16 year old who vaguely resembles you.

Mine took 4 months to arrive, lost it last new year, just use the passport these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

yeah, I'm not bothered carrying my passport around and I look REALLY different now than I do in my passport or even my ID so I'll prob try get a new one! thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Oh right...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I think you're meant to give in the serial number of your age card to the guards, they seem to take losing it fairly seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I don't know my serial num! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

I lost my Guarda Card about 6 years ago and mentioned it in passing about 2 years ago to a Guard and he said to report it officially and they should be able to replace it free of charge.
    I doubt they take it that seriously.
    It'll probably just take a while getting to you.

(Ps. In my day we used to just go to the Admin building in UCD and fork over €13 to get replacement cards.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

from 'ere
    Replacing a lost/misplaced National Age Card

If you have lost your National Age Card, it is possible to obtain a replacement. Simply download and complete the application form (see How to apply' below). Your completed form should be returned to your local Garda Station. Remember to inform the Garda on duty that you have lost your original Card and need to apply for a new one.

You must remember to include two recent passport photos with your application. There is no charge for a replacement National Age Card.

Rates

An Age Card costs 6 euro. A replacement National Age Card is free of charge.

Different Garda Stations have different methods of collecting this money so contact your Garda station to find out the appropriate method of payment in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Ruu, you're like my drunken thoughts all sobered up and making sense with beautiful working quote tags!
    I think you're great!

/Hic!

Advertisement