Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The right Decision?

Options
  • 21-11-2006 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Ok,nearly four months ago my gf of 3 years split with me,as always the person on the wrong side of the 'splitting',i was gutted.I suppose in a way it made me wake up,i didnt like my job i havent liked it for awhile its one of these jobs where you have to be on call 24/7 365 days of the year.Also i work for my father and have been doing so since i finished school.I get up every morning and dread the call from my father that somethings not right and i have to go in and do something about it,im 26 and live at home probably for the reason im on call and cant move too far away from work.

Anyway i got on with things and one day my friend suggested that we go to austraila,i suppose in what i could only call a fit i said ya that would be great.
    Tickets paid for,visa's got.I still miss the ex and hope one day we could get back together but i hope im not doing this just to get away from my problems.Ive never been away from home(not that i get the creature comforts) and hope NOT to come home after a few weeks.I know im 26 and nearly a man now and all this should be 'the world is your oyster' kinda of thing but as i said i hope i didnt do this as a sporadic feeling.Maybe thats what it takes!

Your advise and suggestions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Go for it and don't look back. A change of scenery can't hurt. Regarding your ex, you'll never know whats around the corner but live in the now and go to enjoy yourself. Are you thinking of working out there or just going with the flow and see what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 klubhead

At the moment we're staying in bankok for 3 weeks and then on to melbourne where we hope to find a bit of work.We're only going for 12 months.Maybe less

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Jump out of the nest and try your wings. Discover yourself. Go to Oz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Life is all about taking risks and making the best of opportunities. I know it's really hard to deal with a break-up when you actually loved the person with all your heart but I guess nothing can be done about that. One thing I've found out through experience is that it's virtually impossible to change a girl's decision once she makes up her mind. Especially about leaving you. They just close the door and never look back. So just move on. I'm sure there's someone better out there for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Go for it. You'll love the feeling of freedom you're going to get. No 247 job to worry about, no gf to worry about, no living with the family stuff to worry about. You'll have a great time and lots of fun. And when you arrive home you'll probably be dying to get back into a solid job again.

And I recommend hitting New Zealand for a while too if you can. The South Island and especially Queenstown.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

klubhead wrote:
    I know im 26 and nearly a man now and all this should be 'the world is your oyster' kinda of thing but as i said i hope i didnt do this as a sporadic feeling.Maybe thats what it takes!.

So what if it's sporadic? not everything has to be planned down to the last detail, sometimes the things you do on a whim can turn out to be the best idea ever.
    If ever a bloke sounded like he needed a new perspective on life, it's you!
    Why you are even doubting this is beyond me. Go to Oz and live a little, you'll have a ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

26???;) ohno,you are not just a man,you are a BIG man now!!

forget the past and look for the future.do what you want and fly as far as you can while you are still young.

about your ex??maybe you meet another special girl while you are travelling??maybe you catch a sweet asian girl in bangkok then get married after few months??who knows???or maybe you end up with nothing,when the time you come back,your ex and you get back together???who knows???:D

stop thinking of those stuffs that out of your ability,do what you can and what you want now.

all the best wishes!:)

Advertisement