Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Tues/Weds

Options
  • 20-11-2006 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

After my shocking Acc over the weekend im gonna try these 3:

CSKA Moscow V Porto Tuesday / 5.30

CSKA Moscow are the suprise leaders of group G, They have been solid in defence Conceding no goals so far, Which is good considering they have played Arsenal and Porto Away from home, They seem to be a force at home in particular, They did win the UEFA cup last year and also the Russian premier league over the weekend so there confidence will be as high as ever (as fergie said in 1999, "thats the league won, now we can concentrate on the Champions league", which i feel the russians will be thinking,However, Porto are no muggs, they are in great form back home, P 10 W 8 D1 L1, they also beat Hamburg in the last round 4-1,And as we know they won this cup in 2004, Although teams hate playing in Russia i feel porto are worth the draw, (which would suit both teams)maybe 0-0 or 1-1,But i Cant help but feel Moscow think they can win this one so ive gone for the safer DNB.

My Prediction: CSKA moscow Draw no bet @ 4-9.

Real Madrid V Lyon Tuesday / 7.45

With both these teams through to the last 16 its hard to predict how each team set out to play,Lyon are going for a record of six straight wins in the group stages. But they will have to do it the hard way as far as im concerned as Real Madrid have been playing some great football at present, other than the defeat to Celta Vigo a couple of weeks ago they have been on good form. they have scored 12 goals in there last 3 games, 2 of those were at home were they scored 8, so there pretty good at home at the moment, Meanwhile Lyons Record P14 W12 D1 L1 aint bad at all,I dont know what Gerrard Houllier has done, but he has turned Lyon into a great team to watch. (im kinda sad and jealous as im a pool fan:( ) anyway, im gonna go with the home win only because there is nothing really at stake other than pride (Real will wanna get 1 over Lyon as they beat them 3-0 in the reverse fixture) And after seen Ruud score 4 last week i feel he will make the difference)

My Prediction: Real Madrid to win @ 10/11

Celtic V Manchester United Tuesday / 7.45

This is without Doubt the match of the night, 2 teams on great form, Expect to see goals in this one, Man U have been doing what chelsea were doing last year, winning Away from home,winning 6 of there 7 and drawing 1, scoring 16 and only letting in 4, Compare this 2 last year and yall see how much they have improved, Meanwhile celtic have won 13 of there 15 home games, but i cant help but see the teams celtic play compared to man united, Falkirk, inverness, Dunfermline, lets be honest hear, the SPL without Celtic and Rangers (who man u easily beat twice in Europe a few seasons ago) wouldnt be far off the quality in the Eircom League, United will win this match, Simply because they will have to much Quality and experience in there team, We have seen celtic in Europe and fair enough they beat the likes of FC Copenhagen and Benfica, (but look at there leagues) The English Premier League is 100 times tougher than the SPL, this is gonna be a battle, Celtic will wanna prove they can compete in England, United may have 1 eye on Sundays game against chelsea, but its the English team who will Win this Battle.

My Prediction : Manchester United to win @ 10/11

My Tuesday Treble:CSKA Moscow (DNB) Real Madrid & Manchester United to win @ 4.26-1

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,377 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Im throwing on a rake of small bets this midweek, a few very nice pairings so gonna take advantage of it.

Firstly straight accumulator's

2e on;
    Milan, Arsenal, bayern, Barca, Roma, Valencia
    2e on;
    CSKA, Steaua, Bayern, Inter, Barca
    4e on;
    CelticVmanU and ChelseaVbremen both Draws
    -->(Celtic have fantastic home form in champs league while ManU on great form so realistic potential for draw since was 3-2 at Old Trafford, Meanwhile Chelsea actually benefit from dropping points tomorrow as Barca will have a tough time getting through if Bremen get anything out of it.)

2e on Trebles from 4 (8e)
    Arsenal, Barca, Liverpool Roma

2e on Trebles from 4 (8e)
    CSKA, Benfica, Lille, Steaua Bucherest.
    -->Great odds with these 4 teams considering all at home. CSKA fantastic at home, very hard place to go to, especially this time of year, haven't conceded a goal yet. Benfica on the back of a great 3-0 home victory over Celtic, against a team they drew 0-0 away from home and who have only scored 1 goal in the whole competition. Lille, decent defence, only conceded 1 goal at home, including a clean sheet against Milan, Anderlecht not great, conceded 7 goals so far. Steaua's 3 points so far are a bit false considering they've played Lyon once and Madrid twice. They destroyed Kyiv (who have NO points) in the other game, 4-1. Kyiv have scored 2 and conceded 13)!

Fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

CSKA Moscow v Porto/ Draw @ 21 - 10
    AC Milan @ 8 - 11
    Arsenal @ 1 - 5
    Benfica @ 1 - 2
    Man Utd @ 10 - 11
    Lille @ 8 - 15
    Real Madrid @ 10 - 11
    Steaua Bucharest v Dynamo Kiev/Draw @ 9 - 4

Potential Returns: €175.05 for one placed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Haven't had a close look yet but I reckon Inter are going to be the banker of the week here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Benfica V FC Copenhagen: @8/15-- Benfica have an excellent home record and have lost just once since March(Against Man Utd) in their own stadium. Copenhagen had a famous win over Man U last time out but Utd took that game far too casually and if truth be told Copenhagem were no great shakes. I reckon Benfica can win this with relative ease.

Lille V Anderlecht: @8/15--Lille are flying this season and currently lie 2nd in the French League(behind runaway leaders Lyon). They are unbeaten in 7 games and a victory here for Lille will very probably see them qualify for the last 16. Anderlecht have been hit by injuries and on Saturday lost their Goalkeeper and 1st choice striker, these injuries come after 3 more of their squad look like pulling out through injury also.

CSKA Moscow V Porto(+1): @4/6-- Everybody has been saying what great form CSKA are in but Porto have been just as impressive lately. Since losing to Braga at the start of October they've gone 7 games unbeaten(W6,D1,F19,A6)averaging almost 3 a game. People may wonder how they'll cope with the freezing cold weather but this doesn't worry Pighead as Porto beat CSKA in Moscow just 2 seasons ago. Porto currently lie 3rd in the group, 1 point behind CSKA, so they'll really be gunning for a win as they won't want to be going into the final game against Arsenal needing a win. I reckon they can get at least a draw and i'm taking them on the handicap.

Horsham V Walton & Hersham: @2/5-- Pighead went against Walton & Hersham last week when they played Worthing and I'll do so again tonight. Poor Walton have won just once all season and they are a club in crisis. Most of their top players have walked out and the 1st team has been made up of kids and reserve players for the past month. Horsham can move to within a point of the league leaders with a win here and they really should do so against crisis team Walton.

MK Dons(HT-FT) V Farsley Celtic: @8/11--Farsley did really well to hold MK Dons to a scoreless draw but in truth they were lucky to get the draw and didn't show much in the way of ambition. You feel they've had their chance. I reckon MK Dons at home will exploit the 3 league gap between the sides and hopefully for Pighead they can do this in the first half!

30 Points: Lille, Benfica, Porto(+1),Hendon, MK Dons(HT-FT)@ 8.48/1

10 Points: Lille(HT-FT)@11/8, Hamburg(+2)@11/10, Real Madrid@10/11,Dynamo Kiev(+1)@10/11= 17.2/1

Good Luck To All.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

CSKA Moscow v Porto
    21st of November 2006 5:30pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    CSKA Moscow @ evens

AEK Athens v AC Milan
    21st of November 2006 7:45pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    AC Milan @ 5 - 6

Celtic v Man Utd
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 9 - 4

Lille v Anderlecht
    Win-Draw-Win
    Lille @ 8 - 15

Real Madrid v Lyon
    Win-Draw-Win
    Draw @ 11 - 5

Benfica v FC Copenhagen
    Handicap Betting
    Benfica -1.0 @ 13 - 8

Pays out at 153/1 on PP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Based on the very helpful info provided here I'm gonna go with:

Benfica 1/2
    United 10/11
    Lille 8/15
    AC Milan 8/11

Works out approx 7.5/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Just a small bet to keep me entertained tonight so no write ups.

Steaua to win @ 1.75
    Benfica -1 @ 2.05
    Csk vs Porto - unders @ 1.44

5.18 in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

My small bet this week:

Celtic v Man Utd
    Man Utd @ 10 - 11

Arsenal v Hamburg
    Arsenal @ 1 - 6

Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven
    Liverpool @ 8 - 13

Werder Bremen v Chelsea
    Chelsea @ 13 - 8

Spartak Moscow v Bayern Munich
    Bayern Munich @ 10 - 11

Real Madrid v Lyon
    Real Madrid @ 10 - 11

Valencia v Olympiakos
    Valencia @ 4 - 11

Levski Sofia v Barcelona
    Barcelona @ 1 - 8

Inter Milan v Sporting Lisbon
    Inter Milan @ 4 - 11

Bet Type: Accumulator (9)
    Stake per Line: €2.00
    Number of Lines: 1
    Stake: €2.00
    Tax: 0.0
    Potential Returns: €144.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Pighead wrote:
    Benfica V FC Copenhagen: @8/15-- Benfica have an excellent home record and have lost just once since March(Against Man Utd) in their own stadium. Copenhagen had a famous win over Man U last time out but Utd took that game far too casually and if truth be told Copenhagem were no great shakes. I reckon Benfica can win this with relative ease.

Lille V Anderlecht: @8/15--Lille are flying this season and currently lie 2nd in the French League(behind runaway leaders Lyon). They are unbeaten in 7 games and a victory here for Lille will very probably see them qualify for the last 16. Anderlecht have been hit by injuries and on Saturday lost their Goalkeeper and 1st choice striker, these injuries come after 3 more of their squad look like pulling out through injury also.

CSKA Moscow V Porto(+1): @4/6-- Everybody has been saying what great form CSKA are in but Porto have been just as impressive lately. Since losing to Braga at the start of October they've gone 7 games unbeaten(W6,D1,F19,A6)averaging almost 3 a game. People may wonder how they'll cope with the freezing cold weather but this doesn't worry Pighead as Porto beat CSKA in Moscow just 2 seasons ago. Porto currently lie 3rd in the group, 1 point behind CSKA, so they'll really be gunning for a win as they won't want to be going into the final game against Arsenal needing a win. I reckon they can get at least a draw and i'm taking them on the handicap.

Horsham V Walton & Hersham: @2/5-- Pighead went against Walton & Hersham last week when they played Worthing and I'll do so again tonight. Poor Walton have won just once all season and they are a club in crisis. Most of their top players have walked out and the 1st team has been made up of kids and reserve players for the past month. Horsham can move to within a point of the league leaders with a win here and they really should do so against crisis team Walton.

MK Dons(HT-FT) V Farsley Celtic: @8/11--Farsley did really well to hold MK Dons to a scoreless draw but in truth they were lucky to get the draw and didn't show much in the way of ambition. You feel they've had their chance. I reckon MK Dons at home will exploit the 3 league gap between the sides and hopefully for Pighead they can do this in the first half!

30 Points: Lille, Benfica, Porto(+1),Hendon, MK Dons(HT-FT)@ 8.48/1

10 Points: Lille(HT-FT)@11/8, Hamburg(+2)@11/10, Real Madrid@10/11,Dynamo Kiev(+1)@10/11= 17.2/1

Good Luck To All.

Excellent call on the porto game!!!!

Pighead wrote:

30 Points: Lille:( , Benfica:) , Porto(+1):) ,Hendon:) , MK Dons(HT-FT):( @ 8.48/1

10 Points: Lille(HT-FT)@11/8:( , Hamburg(+2)@11/10:( , Real Madrid@10/11:( ,Dynamo Kiev(+1)@10/11:) = 17.2/1

Good Luck To All.
    Lille and Mk Dons fcuk up the main bet. MK Dons won 2-0 in the end but were 0-0 at half time. Very surprised with that Lille result. 2-2 against 10 men Anderlecht. They went 1-0 and 2-1 up but fair play to Anderlecht they battled back twice. Horsham hammered W+H 4-0 and Porto beat CSKA 2-0.

Bet 2 was a bit of a dud with only Dynamo Kiev coming through.

Points Staked:40
    Points Lost:40
    Loss:40 Points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Just a small bet to keep me entertained tonight so no write ups.

Steaua to win @ 1.75:(
    Benfica -1 @ 2.05:)
    Csk vs Porto - unders @ 1.44:)

5.18 in total.

Ah well, tomorrows another day.

county wrote:
    CSKA Moscow v Porto/ Draw @ 21 - 10:(
    AC Milan @ 8 - 11:(
    Arsenal @ 1 - 5:)
    Benfica @ 1 - 2:)
    Man Utd @ 10 - 11:( :(
    Lille @ 8 - 15:(
    Real Madrid @ 10 - 11:(
    Steaua Bucharest v Dynamo Kiev/Draw @ 9 - 4:)

Potential Returns: €175.05 for one placed

what a disaster of a night,what more can i say

Bayern Munich 10 - 11
    Bordeaux 5 - 6
    Inter Milan 4 - 11
    Barcelona 1 - 6
    Liverpool 8 - 13
    Roma 11 - 10
    Valencia 4 - 11
    Chelsea(draw)21-10

hopefully better than tonights selections

return of 79.85 for one placed

Valencia V Olympiakos(+1)@8/5: This is just too tempting for Pighead to pass up. Paddys a fcuker with his tempting 8/5 offers! Anybody who follows Spanish soccer will know Valencia are playing poorly at the moment. In their last 7 matches they've won just twice and both those wins came in cup matches against a 3rd division outfit. Last week they were hammered 3-0 and lost Edu for 6 months through injury. Valencia play Madrid this weekend and seeing as they've already qualified the manager will more than likely rest players to avoid adding to the already hefty injury list.
    Olympiakos have Won 4 D1 L1 of their last 6 games. That draw was away to Roma in a game they led most of the way. Rivaldos in cracking form(5 goals in last 2 matches) and I reckon they can get at least a draw here.

Inter(Leading after 60 Mins) V Sporting Lisbon :@8/13 --Inter need a win to secure qualification for the last 16. They've been in cracking form recently and have won 7 straight games. Cruz is missing but Ibrahimovic and Crespo should be more than capable of leading the line. Lisbon have done well so far but they've got a few injuries and I reckon their Champions League run will end tomorrow. Not brave enough for the FT-Ht so i'll go for Inter to be leading after 60.

Werder Bremen(+1) V Chelsea: As has been well documented a home win or draw here will make it tougher for Barca to qualify. Chelsea may well think that it would be in their best interests to see their main rivals for the prize knocked out. Also Chelsea have a big game against Utd on Sunday and they'll have one eye on that. Lampard is suspended for this and I reckon high flying Werder can get something from this game.

Levski Sofia V Barcelona HT-FT @1-2-- Must win game for Barca here seeing as they lie 3rd in the table.Ronaldinho and Gudjhonsonn have been in great form recently and they should have far too much for the Bulgarians who have shipped 13 and scored just 1 so far.

Wednesdays Accumulator:
    30 Points:Olympiakos(+1), Inter(@60), Bremen(+1),Barca(HT-FT)@ 7.40/1

10 Points: Inter HT-Ft@1/1, Dundalk Waterford to Draw@11/5, Olympiakos(+2)@1/2, Lonard to bt Senden in Mastercard Masters Golf @5/6(DNB) @16.6/1

Good Luck To All.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Stokes

Spartak Moscow v Bayern Munich
    Draw 9 - 4

Bordeaux v Galatasaray
    Galatasaray 11 - 4

Liverpool v PSV Eindhoven
    Liverpool 8 - 13

Shakhtar Donetsk v Roma
    Roma 11 - 10

Valencia v Olympiakos
    Valencia 4 - 11

Werder Bremen v Chelsea
    Draw

174/1 on PP.

Pighead wrote:
    Wednesdays Accumulator:
    30 Points:Olympiakos(+1):( , Inter(@60):) , Bremen(+1):) ,Barca(HT-FT):) @ 7.40/1

10 Points: Inter HT-Ft@1/1:) , Dundalk Waterford to Draw@11/5:) , Olympiakos(+2)@1/2:( , Lonard to bt Senden in Mastercard Masters Golf @5/6(DNB) @16.6/1

Good Luck To All.
    Pigheads confidence in Olympiakos proves unfounded as they slump to a 2-0 defeat against injury stricken Valencia. Both bets lose because of the ghastly Greeks.
    Not happy with myself as results wise it was definitely a night where money could be made. Shouldn't have put all my eggs in the one basket with Olympiakos. Ah well, maybe the UEFA Cup will bring some joy tomorrow night.

county wrote:
    Bayern Munich 10 - 11:(
    Bordeaux 5 - 6:)
    Inter Milan 4 - 11:)
    Barcelona 1 - 6:)
    Liverpool 8 - 13:)
    Roma 11 - 10:(
    Valencia 4 - 11:)
    Chelsea(draw)21-10:(

hopefully better than tonights selections

return of 79.85 for one placed