Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Ray

Options
  • 20-11-2006 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

Quick question.

A friend of mine has managed to hurt his finger a few weeks ago and has been whinging about it ever since. I know its not broken but I'd still like to have it checked out just for some peace and quiet (he's a bit of a hypochondriac). Is there anywhere excluding an A&E department where he could get an X-Ray e.g. medical centre ??? All suggestions appreciated

FYI - I am not looking for medical advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

VHI swiftcare in balally (sp) or DCU but its pricey

or a referall to a hospital from his gp

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

VHI Swiftcare will have him in and out in about 1 hour. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

VHI will do it in a matter of minutes and it will cost €65 for the X-Ray. I think there is another fee also, not sure what that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

http://www.vhi.ie/swiftcare/

Initial fee €85 plus €65 if X-Ray needed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

GP issue and referral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

How long is a few weeks?

It might not be broken but he could still have a fracture. Tell him to go see his GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Could well be broken, even if you don't think so. I've known two people who just walked around with broken hands because they didn't bother getting an X-ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I had something similar. Got hit in the top of the finger while in goal. Thought it was broken but never went abou tit. 6 weeks laterI went to a&e . Turned out it had been dislocated and I needed an operation. Now the little finger on my left hand doesnt bend as the middle joint is fused together.

Advertisement