Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going up to girls

Options
  • 19-11-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Im having a real problem with my confidence mainly in the department of approaching women especially when the girl is with her friends, i dont drink either. I have only began to feel like this since i came to university iv never had this problem before and i cant understand why im feeling like this.

Someone Help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

no one is really an expert on this, but ya do see the way some fellas can do it and fair play. you said you did not have any troubles before. are you just recently statrted college?

if so try not let it get to you. just be your self, be friendly and always appear like you are having a good time. no one wants to hang with a miserable you know what.

anyway soon enough you will lend up meeting up with new friends of either sex. hopefully this will led up to a few girls taking a liking to you and the word spreads. all my major girlfriends (ones that last more than a month) tended to be girls i knew and got on with at the begining of college. it was easier with them cause ye could talk bout anything and feel at ease, as oppose to chating up some fine one in a nightclub who you know ye have feck all in common and small talk was never my forte.

anyway surely ya got some decent friends you can confind in, at least if some girls come over to you and you get all shy and non responsive, they might stick up for you when that girl is calling ya a snob etc to her mates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

maybe what until she is one her own, or just get one or two of your mate to accompany you when you approach her, prob not a good idea to make it obvious though. maybe you are afraid of the one thing many of us are afraid of... rejection or to be laughed at.

do you know this girl or is it just girls in general. maybe that girl might be waiting for someone like you to talk to them, you wont know until you find out.

good luck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Yes, it's probably easier to approach the defensive perimeter we set up if you are with an ally. Use the buddy system and pair up with another guy. Strength in numbers! Please excuse my humour, but there is some truth to it.

Advertisement