Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messaging his ex

Options
  • 18-11-2006 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A while back I discovered my boyf had been msging his ex behind my back. he always knew I was uncomfortable/jealous/paranoid about it cos he didn't seem over her when we met.

The msgs were flirty and nostalgic, she slagged me a bit n he laughed instead of defending me. He told her he had her stuff n read her old letters... Was goin on about 8 months before I found out. We'd been together a year.

Broke my heart. Couldn't believe how trusting and naive I'd been. He even wrote me a letter saying I had nothing to worry about, that he loves me and bad mouthed her and swore he had nothing to do with her!! So two faced!

They broke up like 4 years ago, when she was 15. He says she's totally diff now, and he doesn't even like her. And I'v spoken to her online. She's a tool, and was so rude and disrespectful to me. How did he ever date her??? I feel so stupid being jealous over a childish relationship. But I felt second best and like a rebound after finding out. It was like proof that I KNEW he was into her all along. Made me feel like I'd lost him and I'v been paranoid ever since.

I confronted him, he cried and said the msgs mean't nothing, just like chatting to an old friend. Couldn't see what he'd done wrong. Wanted to have his cake and eat it too. Didn't tell me in case I got hurt. yea!... He broke off contact with her and hates discussing it cos he feels like he's apologised enough.

It's been ages but I'm still so bitter and angry towards the both of them. Half expecting him to run off with her, esp when he defends her. Thinking of it hurts a lot and makes me want him to feel my hurt. He tries to prove I can trust him, but I can't let my guard down. We've nearly broken up over this a few times. It can be grand for a while, but then it comes back and I get so angry at him and want reassurance and love but he withdraws... He does make an effort and I feel like a bitch then. Can I get over this? When we're working it's great. I dunno what to do. Don't really want to break up.

He'l prob break up with me now if he reads this :(

Advertisement