Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To pursue or not to pursue?

Options
  • 18-11-2006 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right, Just recently I've met a girl. When I met her about 4 months ago, she was with her BF (Who is also my friend). They broke up a couple of weeks ago... and we became really friendly. I feared not to be too friendly with her because I didnt want her turning round and saying I see you as a friend...

Basically she says That I'm too nice to be her boyfriend, and that she doesnt want to get with me because if anything were to happen she wouldnt want to lose our friendship.

To throw something else into it, is that tonight she met a guy she's been texting and went to his house.

I really like this girl, I would do anything for her, but is it worth me pursuing or should I just give up the chase?

It was her 18th on wednesday, and Im 19 in a month.

So yeah, to pursue or not to pursue, that is the question...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Unregd123 wrote:
    she says That I'm too nice to be her boyfriend, and that she doesnt want to get with me because if anything were to happen she wouldnt want to lose our friendship.

To throw something else into it, is that tonight she met a guy she's been texting and went to his house..

Eh... she's kinda blown you off. I don't see the point in pursuing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

As hard as it may be, you should let this one go. Generally the "I don't want to lose our friendship" is an excuse, but phrased in a way so as not to hurt your feelings.
    Don't pursue it, but theres nothing wrong with staying friends with her! And sure you never know what the future may bring (but don't your hopes up, it will do you no good).

Good luck.

Advertisement