Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gambling on RWC ??

Options
  • 17-11-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

last time round I looked at all the group fixtures and could have picked ( did pick ) at least 10/15 dead cert victories.
    Unlike soccer Rugby mismatches are far less likley ( almost unheard of at the level that the WC brings up ) to turn a surprise result.

I think when you scan the fixtures you could pick a few dead certs.

eg.
    Oz v Asia 1 ( japan )
    Wales v Asia1
    NZ v Rom
    Fra v Euro 3 ( lower than Romania )
    Fra v Namibia
    Ire v Euro 3
    Ire v Nam
    Arg v Nam
    Arg v Euro 3
    That only 9 but there are several more dead certs like Eng V random qualifier, SA the same and NZ also V 2 TBC qualifiers.

if you could pick 15/20 winners on long odds you could be doing well if you started with a good stake.
    Any opinions out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

probably better off asking in Gambling....i can move this if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

The odds won't be that long though. Which is why most of us who gamble on rugby use handicap betting a lot of the time.

To give an example, Wales are 1/200 against Canada this weekend. Dead cert, but what's the point, even if there are several of these types of games? I couldn't really be bothered totting up all the one sided matches and seeing what the odds would work out on an accumulator, but I'm sure it wouldn't be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I did not think odds would be as long as 200:1 on . Doh

So to be worthwhile 20,000 to win 100!

maybe be dead cert but jeese Im not gambling 20k ! for a hundred.

Yeah move it or copy it can you? Im also interested on what the rugby boys think of the actual pariings and how sound the "mismatches" actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Yeah move it or copy it can you? Im also interested on what the rugby boys think of the actual pariings and how sound the "mismatches" actually are.

done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

even throwing them in a accumlator would give you terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

bugler wrote:
    The odds won't be that long though. Which is why most of us who gamble on rugby use handicap betting a lot of the time.

To give an example, Wales are 1/200 against Canada this weekend. Dead cert, but what's the point, even if there are several of these types of games? I couldn't really be bothered totting up all the one sided matches and seeing what the odds would work out on an accumulator, but I'm sure it wouldn't be worth it.
    PP have the odds at 1-500,wtf:eek:

Advertisement