Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another one ye might (or might not!) like

Options
  • 16-11-2006 10:40pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Two Years Later

“A loner.” Just lonely.
    “Aggressive.” No, defensive.
    “Angry.” Desperately unhappy.
    “Has no taste in girls.” Sees hidden beauties.
    “Has no talent.” Too afraid to show his many talents.
    “Too quiet in class.” Busy thinking, contemplating what he sees and hears.
    “Temperamental.” Pushed too far for amusement.
    “Shouts too much in games.” Needs to release his emotions somehow.

(Two years later…)

“Is that seriously what he used to be like?
    You can’t possibly be talking about the same person!
    I heard he writes poetry and everything these days.
    I’d almost say he’s cool now… but not to his face!”

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Again, this is one of my "early" pieces. It's received some good reviews from the lads at school. Nowhere near my favourite though. It ties in with some of the ideas in "Help Him". (eg bullying)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I really like it. Made me smile, which is impressive tonight. A bit formless (not that it needs form), but it strikes the right chord at 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Hmm... I like it. Cute! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Its odd, but that is perhaps why i like it so much. I had to read it twice but then it clicked, and I likes it a lot. The changing opinions of people. Works well with my current mindframe.
    Keep it up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

again, thanks for the compliments! i've a few others that are much more structured (sonnets, a few haikus, etc). I would post them, but I'm a bit concerned about the whole copyright thing. Not too sure how it works! I don't want my favourite ones copied/stolen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I like this one, and the rest of your work.

Advertisement