Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm going for it, but where...

Options
  • 16-11-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

OK, so I started a new college course back there in September. Have gotten friendly with this girl on it, we hang out/text a lot and basically I've made up my mind to ask her out.

We're going to the cinema this weekend and I was planning to go for a drink after and say something to her then. My question is, do you think asking her one-on-one like this is a bad idea. Would she find it intimidating/awkward? Should I wait 'till were out with a bigger group? I'm reluctant to do this as I've made up my mind now and don't want leave it any longer and end up in the 'friend zone'. Naturally I will be disappointed if she's not keen, but I'd rather find out one way or the other sooner rather than later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

TBH if she's already going to the cinema and for drinks with you alone, she's definitely gotta already be keen. Just get ridiculously flirty with her when you're out. See how that goes, if she responds well (and she probably will), then just go for it; tell her you like her, plant a kiss on her, whatever!
    There's no way you could be blamed for making a move on her if she's already going for drinks alone and flirting with you. Yeah, do it sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'
    TBH if she's already going to the cinema and for drinks with you alone, she's definitely gotta already be keen.
    agreed.

definately wouldn't wait till you were out with a bigger group or it'll just turn into a meaningless score in a nightclub, not the way to go if you're looking for a relationship with this girl.'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ask her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

as a girl, i would find being approached while out with other people awkward and uncomfortable. definitely say something when the two of you are alone

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye, best time is when you two are alone. Just lay your cards on the table, the worst she can say is no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

unreg_2552 wrote:
    We're going to the cinema this weekend and I was planning to go for a drink after
    Erm, isn't that going out?
    What do you plan to ask her?

'Want to go to the cinema and out for a drink afterwards?'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Ya gotta be able to pick up whether you have a chance or are a "mate"?
    I dunno I'd say go for it. Chat her up in the cinema/pub................ie jokey manner............any blokes chasing after you this weather? So if you happened to meet the right guy you'd be available? ....................etc

Just test the water and see how she reacts .ie does she get flirty back
    That way you can pull back without having to blurt out "I love you" and ruin a potential friendship.

'
    test the water and see how she reacts

That way you can pull back without having to blurt out "I love you" and ruin a potential friendship.

good advice wish someone had told me that. play it cool, don't force it.'

'Well, I dunno how common happy endings are on this board, but FWIW I went ahead with it last night. She asked could she think about it, we met up again today and now we're going out! :)'

Huzzah !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

unreg_2552 wrote:
    'Well, I dunno how common happy endings are on this board, but FWIW I went ahead with it last night. She asked could she think about it, we met up again today and now we're going out! :)'

well done.. i bet the PI mods are buying their hats as we speak:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

unreg_2552 wrote:
    I've made up my mind now and don't want leave it any longer and end up in the 'friend zone'. Naturally I will be disappointed if she's not keen, but I'd rather find out one way or the other sooner rather than later.
    oh whatever you do don't let it go into the friend zone
    oh the dredded friend zone
    sadly my prob is that people dont really get to know me until were good friends and by then its to late (friend zone :mad: )

Advertisement