Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meeting ppl...

Options
  • 16-11-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i hate initiating conversation with someone.. if and when someone talks to me I yammer away..im just crap at initiating conversation... i feel like a plank... i know the shoe is always on someone elses foot too.. thats why i never shun ppl away but... i just cant do it.. all my mates are coupled up now and im single.. i find it hard to make new mates.. i work shifts and have a second job so its difficult to join clubs ect.. not excuses but i can see that coming up fro ppl... sooooo.... any advice.... also ... is it LAME to go somewhere on my own(female) im morto ofsomeone sayin.... ahhh fair play to her.. out on her own... die of shame...lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

You're obviously just not talking to the right people, because everyone has some kind of people that they do/would enjoy talking to. Just find people that probably enjoy the same things, hobbies, interests etc etc that you do.
    I don't think it's lame to do that, no. Just don't act like you're dying of shame while you're out on your own, even if you feel you are! Many good things start with pretending, this is one of them. Good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

There's nothing wrong with going somewhere on your own. Maybe dancing or something like that, apparently thats the new place to meet singles :eek: . And if anyone said something like "ahhh fair play to her.. out on her own" they're a dickhead. You should say something like "Yeah I haven't needed to hold my mammy's hand for the past 20 years now, when are you planning to stop?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

OP, if you are out somewhere and someone happens to ask you are you out on your own you can always say you're waiting for a girlfriend to show up or that you just received a text that the person you were meeting there can't now make it. Perfect ice-breaker and will make many people offer to absorb you into their group/circle for the evening. Tis easily done really!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'thats all sound advice... thanks... iwas waitin for the get up off your ass messages...lol... thing is.. and not bein big headed.. im a not a bad looker.. it just sucks when ur life moves in a diff area than your mates...
    I dont feel like such a billy no mates now... thanks'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Overseas. Got on boards to stay in touch with what's happening. But in the process I have occasionally met someone I liked and would like to know better when I return. Just a thought...

• Advertisement
Advertisement