Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i sing

Options
  • 16-11-2006 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi everyone, i love to sing ballads and all kinds of folk songs and i think i sound alright but could be only me, a few of my friends told me i am good too. is there any way i could know or is there someone out there that can tell me if i can sing or not

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Okay Trad Man, I dont wanna erase your thread... but it does seem entirely pointless.

Maybe record something and put it online for us to hear, maybe some of the more senior Trad singers among us might share their views on your singing abilities.

As far as asking someone specific... why not go to a session and give a ballad and ask for opinions...? Or maybe just sing cuz it makes you happy!! Thats what I do and I havent got one note in my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

I think that's a fair enough question.
    Lots of singers/musicians cant know if they're any good, and/or improve their confidence without feedback from teachers or other singer/musicians.

So if you're new to the whole scene go along as Jesjes suggests to a session and ask to sing a song. If you're any good (and it's a singer friendly session ;) )) you'll no doubt be asked to sing another one - if not in the same night, then the following week.

However if you're really bad then you'll probably pick up dodgy vibes. (People shifting uncomfortably in their seats - all instruments suddenly going down - everyone suddenly needing to go the toilet/for a pint :D )

Advertisement