Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resistance 4th Birthday @ Ten On Sat 2 Dec

Options
  • 16-11-2006 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

RESISTANCE 4TH BIRTHDAY @ TEN ON SAT 2 DEC

The Resistance crew are absolutely made up that Carl Craig has confirmed to headline their 4th Birthday Party at TEN in Waterford on Sat 2 Dec. Dancefloor experimentalist and top Detroit techno producer, Carl Craig has few equals in terms of the artistry, influence, and diversity of his recordings. Few others have recorded so much quality music in such a variety of styles as Craig, who jammed distorted beat-box samples into lo-fi electro, crafted epic house tracks like his remix of Tori Amos' "God," and recorded the most sublime Detroit techno since godfathers Juan Atkins and Derrick May were at their peak. 2006 has been a great year for Carl as promoters and clubbers around the World have re-discovered the DJ skills of one of the all time greats. For many dance music fans he was the highlight at both the Garden Party and Electric Picnic Festivals and his residency at Fabric in London is currently the hottest ticket in the UK.

As co-owner, promoter and DJ at The End in London, Mr C is in a good position to judge the musical talent of practically every respected DJ on the planet. In Mixmag’s recent “Heroes” edition however, there was only one DJ that got his vote as the ultimate Dance Music Hero. That man was Detroit legend Carl Craig and this is what Mr C said about him. “Carl Craig is the only person whose records I play religiously. Everything he does is incredible, he’s a constant source of inspiration. His music is beautiful, melodic, emotive, profound, funky techno. Back in ’91 I got a one-sided white label of his which blew me away. It got stolen at a warehouse party in Las Palmas, I was gutted and I still don’t even know what it was called!”

Resistance has been bringing many of the World’s best house and techno DJs to Waterford for 4 years now. Highlights in that period have included great sets by Laurent Garnier, Groove Armada, Jeff Mills, Roger Sanchez, Green Velvet, Mylo and Dave Clarke. Having Carl play an exclusive 2 hour headline set on 2 Dec could turn out to be the best one yet. Support on the night is from long term Resistance residents Gavin and Mac. Tickets are available now at BPM Records, Sinnotts, 0818-719300 and www.ticketmaster.ie.

Resistance38.jpg

Advertisement