Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Budget

Options
  • 16-11-2006 1:59am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What would you like to see in next months budget (realistically),I know there are a lot of people calling for the Early Childcare Supplement to be paid out to kids as old as 12.I am not sure if this is realistic but something has to be done for working parents and I think the Gov are aware this is the main election issue for a lot of people.

I would like to see some kid of move on paternity leave,3 days is just not on.Also I think its about time all Children under 16 are given medical cards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I would like to see a big change in social welfare all weekly payments such as disability,blind,old age should be at least in line with minimum wage working 9-5 5 days a week which still wouldn't be great but better than now how are you suppose to live on 165 a week its a disgrace who came up with the line of thinking that a disabled person who's unable to work needs less than fully able bodied people, in fact disabled people need far more
    I didn't release paternity leave was only 3 days that terrible

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am very disappointed that more was not done for childcare in this budget,after last years moves I thought the Gov got the message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Genco

Not enough done for childcare, pensioners or carers although none of these would have given me any benefit.

In fact a real sleight of hand budget, lowering the top rate by 1% whilst at the same time increasing the PRSI ceiling and indeed the health levy for individuals earning over €100,100.

Amazes me the radio and TV pundits call this a giveaway when there are so many downsides.

My grans increase in her pension will be obliterated by the increase in cigs as the older generation were less impacted by the smoking ban and a proportionately lower percentage of them quit to date

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

angel2 wrote:
    I would like to see a big change in social welfare all weekly payments such as disability,blind,old age should be at least in line with minimum wage working 9-5 5 days a week which still wouldn't be great but better than now how are you suppose to live on 165 a week its a disgrace who came up with the line of thinking that a disabled person who's unable to work needs less than fully able bodied people, in fact disabled people need far more
    I didn't release paternity leave was only 3 days that terrible
    First of all, punctuation is your friend.
    Secondly, if social welfare payments were to the minimum wage, then why would people work? Just become hyper-obese then live off the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I recently bought a house (2005, 1st time buyer) and I was wondering what the impact of the increase in the mortgage interest relief will have for me. Is this back dated to the very first repayment I made on my Loan?

• Advertisement
Advertisement