Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

on his terms

Options
  • 16-11-2006 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

to summarise:
    seeing a great guy, we get on really well and always have a great time when we go out, but its always on his terms. he rarely rings me and even when he suggests doing something for the next date, i always have to contact him about times etc. he's alot on workwise and is in the middle of buying a house so is super stressed out and busy which is fair enough, but its not fair on me as i feel as though i have to pin him down to meeting.
    naturally, i could voice my concerns but we're not seeing each other that long and don't want to feel like i'm trying to trap him or pressure him
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

ditch him.

if you're doing all the running he is lazy and taking you for granted,

work and house buying stress are kak excuses...usually after all that ****e a date with somebody you like is the perfect tonic.
    It looks like it's not and tbh you carrying on doing the running is setting the tone for the rest of your relationship. You be doing more running that forrest gump.

trust me I've been there

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I think you already know the answer to this one, don't ya?

I think the main opoint is...
    i always have to contact him about times etc.
    As far as he's concerned you're an easy touch, i.e. he doesn't have to work that hard. Why? Because you do the work for the both of you. I bet you're always available to meet up when (if ever) he rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 yournamehere

true, sort of reinforces my own thoughts on the matter. i think i'll just pull back a bit, not contact him see when and if he makes an effort to get in touch, if nothing then i'd be better to just end it. while i like him ( a lot) he can only treat me this way if i allow it
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

he can only treat me this way if i allow it
    :rolleyes:
    Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

i could voice my concerns but we're not seeing each other that long
    That's all the more of a reason to be concerned if you ask me.

If you were well into a relationship and had adjusted the patterns of your lives to accommodate each other a bit then it could be perfectly reasonable for organising going out with each other to be mainly your thing given the pressures on his time you mention (assuming you didn't have exactly the same pressures yourself of course).

This isn't the case in the very beginning though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement