Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions?

Options
  • 15-11-2006 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

About a month and a half ago i was on a night out and got talking to a guy and ended up kissing him, i really liked said guy (hes a friend of a friend) anyway the following week, on a night out i got chatting to another guy, and we really hit it off ended up talking for ages, he asked for my number i gave it to him, he texted me the following day and said he had a good time and whatever and wanted to meet up again the following week, now at the time i was still kinda hung up on the first guy (who later turned out to be an asshole) so i declined his offer because i didn't want to string him along, he was very sweet about it and even said that if i changed my mind not to hesitate to text him.
    the thing is i've been thinking about him a lot lately, i really want to text him and maybe meet up again but, i dunno it was more than a month ago, would it be really strange to just text him out of the blue? maybe a guys opinion on this? theres also the chance that hes met someone else in the meantime? should i text him or just forget about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

A cheesy but, in this instance, apt phrase

You will miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.

What really have you got to lose? Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why are you even thinking about this? Just text him. Every day you think about whether or not you're going to text him you're just adding another day onto your "month since you met him" worry.

Seriously, just text him........what are you doing still reading this? You should be texting him!!!! Go text him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tiggs

deffo text him... just a casual - Hey hows it going text... if he doesnt want to answer then he wont!!! Likelyhood is he's prob feeling the same way!!

Go for it!!!

happened a frined of mine... years ago... she's just picked her wedding dress!!!

g'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

He left the door open for you...

As Tiggs replied, send a casual txt ask how is he, how are things etc. If he is interested you will hear back from him. If not at least you know where you stand..

I reckon he will get back in touch, he sounded keen...

Best of Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Text him, there's absolutely nothing to lose.

Something like this happened a friend of mine before though except the reverse situation regarding the sex of the participants. Anyway the girl agreed to meet him but said during the night "So I'm second best?" Luckily he had a witty answer which I can't remember now. So just be prepared with a nice answer if he asks about the other guy. Something like "Turns out he wasn't half as nice as you" :)

Anyway you should definitely text him, it'll make your day and probably make his aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

yeah text me...
    Borat

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

All single blokes are like this: we sit in night after night staring at our mobile phones and thinking, "please don't bleep. Please don't bleep. PLASE don't bleep... especialyl if it's that attractive blonde I met last month out of the blue asking if I wanna go out...."

Text him.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I know if it was me. I would be delighted to hear from you!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Get dialling girl. He'll be thrilled ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yeah you should definitely drop him a text, just keep it casual, and see if he's going out at the weekend. Then take it from there, or really take the bull by the horns (pardon the pun), give him a call and ask him out. I'm sure he'll be delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sunny_Dublin

so... erhm... did you???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I dunno man. You werent interested in one guy because of being hung up on another guy. then the other guy turned out to be an asshole. That sounds off to me. You know? What was so right about the first guy before he turned out to be an asshole? Why was the 2nd guy originally inferior to the 1st guy? Is it because you have a tendency to overthink these potentially romantic situations?
    Why bother? You barely know the guy.
    I would forget about it. There is no point obsessing on every half-formed connection to another human being. Just move on, move to the future, not to the past. Why is he popping into your head now? Is it because he is a great guy, or is it because your brain has turned him into something that he can never possibly hope to live up to becuase of time apart and the appealing nature of a new relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I dunno man. You werent interested in one guy because of being hung up on another guy. then the other guy turned out to be an asshole. That sounds off to me. You know? What was so right about the first guy before he turned out to be an asshole? Why was the 2nd guy originally inferior to the 1st guy? Is it because you have a tendency to overthink these potentially romantic situations?
    Why bother? You barely know the guy.
    I would forget about it. There is no point obsessing on every half-formed connection to another human being. Just move on, move to the future, not to the past. Why is he popping into your head now? Is it because he is a great guy, or is it because your brain has turned him into something that he can never possibly hope to live up to becuase of time apart and the appealing nature of a new relationship?
    There's always one! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

she met the first guy first, gave him a fair shot, he wasn't good enough. What's wrong with giving the other guy a chance now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Ava

if you do text, keep it super casual...general what's happening text.

the thing is if you were so hung up on boy1 why kiss boy2? also a month is a long time considering you don't know him. i wouldnt be impressed if some guy turned me down then contacted me a month later after he'd burned his bridges with someone else.

forget about him plenty more boys out there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

Advertisement