Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigrants

Options
  • 15-11-2006 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Out of a morbid curiousity, spawned by all "those" posters on After Hours, can anyone tell me how much immigrants actually get from the state? No, "my jimmy heard" comments, but straight facts, to clear this up once and for all, what and how much, do they get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Immigrants is a broader term than 'workers'.

Asylum seekers are given board and €19.10 a week. They have no say in where they live and their food is given to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

That's shameful. I'd spend more than that on bus fare on a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Blush_01 wrote:
    That's shameful. I'd spend more than that on bus fare on a good week.
    They get food and board, and some clothing, so that 19.10 would mostly seem to be on toiletries. Not too bad. It means that they can't go to the cinema, but they get the basics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

so enough toiletries to cover the bathroom shift in nightclubs saturday night??!:D

Advertisement