Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And So it Begins - Production Begins on New B5 Movies!!

Options
  • 15-11-2006 4:09pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wuhoo, from rumours, to confirmation - the movies have finally gone into production. From Zap2it:
    Production began Monday (Nov. 13) on "Babylon 5: The Lost Tales," a new direct-to-DVD movie based on the popular and long-running sci-fi franchise.

The film will be released by Warner Home Video and will include a pair of new "Babylon 5" stories, collectively titled "Voices of the Dark," as well as behind-the-scenes content in the package.

Original series creator J. Michael Straczynski is writing and directing and returning cast members include Bruce Boxleitner, Tracy Scoggins and Peter Woodward.

"We are very excited to be releasing this new made-for-video release filled with original content for 'Babylon 5,' one of the most successful science fiction series of all time," says Jeff Brown of WHV. "This popular TV show which has been off the air for a few years continues to have a strong loyal fan base that is hungry for more content. This is the first time we're utilizing one of our popular TV franchises as a made-for-video title, and we have a strong commitment to the growth of this sector."

"Babylon 5" premiered in 1993. The series, set in the 23rd century largely in an orbiting space station, was arced out for a five-year serialized run, though the franchise has also spawned as series of feature-length movies, as well as a limited series. The show won a pair of Emmys and a slew of sci-fi and genre awards.
    I always doubted that we'd actually see these, but glad to be proven wrong :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

after many attempts, JMS has finally been given the green light

although i hope tracy scoggins has had a few acting lessons since then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum...
    :D
    By the time they come out I should be through my boxset!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yay!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30691

/me was watching Lois & Clark yesterday and totally forgot that Cat Grant and Elizabeth Lockley were played by the same actress...

yeah i never realised it was her the first time i watched the series, it wasnt until i saw crusade that it clicked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

This is great news, I'm really happy. Any news as to what its about, when its set? Presemably with Lochley in it is it Season 5 or after (not when they were married?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Given the passing years for the actors and all, I'd imagine it'd be set post-S5 and post "Crusade" but pre "Sleeping in Light" (duh).

However, there's no word there of Mira Furlann and I dunno how'd they'd explain Delenn's absence unless it was done before.

Woudln't mind seeing something post-"Sleeping in Light" but the only moments recorded for that are (to a small extent) Book 3 of the Psi Corps trilogy and, to a large extent, "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars". Leaves it open to possibilities.

Would adore for them to film the Centauri trilogy but that ain't gonna happen *sigh*

i would love to see a conclusion to crusade & maybe a bit of an explanation of the
    chaos box

I probably shouldn't have read that spoiler but since I have no idea what the
    chaos box
    is it prolly won't adversely affect me for the moment...

dont worry about it it doesnt have a major effect on anything really

Lies! B5 has major effects on everything, every minute of my life, I tell you!
    /me rams fingers into ears and hums at top of voice

• Advertisement

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

ixoy wrote:
    there's no word there of Mira Furlann and I dunno how'd they'd explain Delenn's absence unless it was done before
    I'd presume she would have to be "found".

Advertisement