Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ripwave irish broadband help!

Options
  • 15-11-2006 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Ive just set up ripwave from irish broadband last nite, its very slow. The signal is only abour 30% of what it should be. i have it near the window. im in rathmines,d6. How can i increase the signal?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

As far as i know there is only one way ... move to a proper broadband provider .. the problem you see is that ibb are just ****!

For wireless i recommend digiweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Get broadband and not a wireless 56k modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DAGWOOD

Flinnbo wrote:
    Ive just set up ripwave from irish broadband last nite, its very slow. The signal is only abour 30% of what it should be. i have it near the window. im in rathmines,d6. How can i increase the signal?

thanks!
    I set mine up two weeks ago and can not believe how bad it is. not only slow but constantly losing the signal, just going from one email to the next and zilch.mine is upstairs beside the window also. it has taken me over an hour to register on the site.signal level is currently showing 1 and quality 2? arrows come and go every couple of seconds. should it be called Ripoff instead.sorry for going on.Dagwood

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to broadband

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ripwave is a cheap dialup substitute and not broadband, can this be moved to yet another board please, after hours probably :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

Buy rj45cable network cable,maplins,30ft long,15euro.Put ripwave unit in a room upstairs,on window sill,plug into esb socket,connect cable, 1 to pc, take out short cable from ripwave network rj45 socket ,plug 30ft cable into ripwave unit.There must be no obstacle between ripwave unit and the aerial,it uses line of site.LOS.i get 5bars on my unit,have it in upstairs window,the higher you go the better the signal.I get broadband on phone, whens its avaidable,in this area.THERES NO cap on ,ibb at least.turn on unit after ,all cables run,connected.or move it to other side of the sill.be4 you buy cable,bring unit upstairs,put on sill, if you get say,4bars,on led on ripwave unit ,then theres no point in buying a cable from maplins,see if there is an improvement in the signal.2 extra bars ,buy a cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

you should of went with the breeze package off them not ripwave...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Have been using Ripwave for 2 years now ,,yes in the first few months I had problems ,,but then as luck would have it IBB put up a Basestation 160 meters away from me.Getting near full signal, so I have been getting a good service I can download 100mb in 50mins this does me fine for my needs ..no caps etc.

So its all down to Luck I am afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lm7

I had it.I was told i was in a black spot moved still the same just threw it in the bin wast of time and money. pics loading bit by bit I had that in 1999with the old dial up. its a waste of time. sending a large email then it just goes . wait till you try send a jpeg attachment the whole things just goes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement