Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better for New Years Eve - Waterford or Carlow?

Options
  • 15-11-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Looking for advice here from anyone who knows or has been to both of these places on which of the two would be best for a likely bunch of about 8 or so lads to head down to for a session for New Years Eve?

Be nice if there was taxis available (unlike dublin) and the hotels were cheap but nightlife is obviously the most important thing, as in there needs to be a few decent pubs and at least one half nightclub (doesnt have to swanky or even clean but does needs to have a decent crowd which should contain a good few slutty sorts to leer at).

We're stuck in Ireland for it and Galways been done and Kilkenny is far too expensive, so we're now thinking either Carlow or Waterford?

Recommendations??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Depends really. Do you prefer shagging goats or sheep?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Pighead wrote:
    Depends really. Do you prefer shagging goats or sheep?

Which is which :confused:

I'd prefer Waterford as long as goats were involved. Goats ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Carlow ftw.

Check out the Music Factory they usually have a good act playing, I'm not sure who it is this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Never been out in Carlow, but Waterford is a cracking city to be out in most weekends, and around events such as NYE and festivals it's always been great fun. Nice people, nice city, good boozers clubs and venues. Taxis will be a nightmare either way I'd say. Hotels won't be a factor as both places will be capacity methinks, so book now. Book Waterford, the Bridge Hotel is central, cheap and pretty ok FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Waterfords a much better city for going out in, and you've more of a selection of pubs/clubs to go to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

asked me 2 or 3 years ago i would of said waterford.now im not so sure.im sure the nightlife will be just as good where ever you go after all it will be new years.a couple of years ago they used to have fireworks in waterford do they still do this?it used always be packed to the rafters at 9 o clock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

another vote for waterford :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shifted from AH. Toss it back in my direction if its not in the correct place. Fank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I feel obliged to say Waterford. There mightnt be a *Huge* amount here but theres usually an atmosphere, as for taxi's .......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I've never been in Waterford on a night out (which is a disgrace really!) but I hear from people in college there that it's great there.
    Carlow is very good , lots of good clubs and pubs and seems to have shook off its 'small town' image in recent years..Either way I'd say you can't go too far wrong with either, they both have a bit of life about the,;)
    That's crazy about Kilkenny being too expensive, I totally agree though, they seem to think they can charge Dublin prices for everything down here:rolleyes: !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Lisa Lashes and Mark Kavanagh are doing the honours this year at The Music Factory. As for taxis, I'd be surprised if you were kept waiting more than 20 minutes in Carlow. That's from my experience anyway - don't know about Waterford.

And for anyone that is looking for fireworks, they'll have them at the Ramada resort in Killerig.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Depends..
    Waterford is a much better place to go visit and to go out in by far,

Do you have to get accomodation etc in the one you choose?

Why do you call Kilkenny expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 horsebiscuit

Its the hotels, theyre crazily priced

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

This was for New Year's Eve, right?

So where did you go in the end, horsebiscuit, and how was it?

Advertisement