Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Life Insurance?

Options
  • 15-11-2006 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Myself and Wife are going to buy a new house for which my mortgage provider requires to take a Life Insurance.

Which one would you suggest?
    1. Life Insurance
    2. Mortgage Protection Insurance

Is there any "Money Back" life insurance policies provided by Irish insurance companies, so that user would get the money he paid with/without bonus etc. after the term? I prefer it because it would be an investment and also it would serve my purpose.

Are medical tests compulsory for getting life insurance with all insurance companies?

Which insurance company would you suggest for taking life policies from your experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

If you're young and planning to have kids i'd say Life insurance. It's pretty cheap when you're around the 30 mark but expensive when you get older .

Be careful about doing a medical for Life insurance. If you fail it you'll never get insurance anywhere. So the important thing is to find out what is the insurance amount limit for your age before they look for a medical test.

It's best to deal with a broker for the low down on this. They can get quotes on a hypothethical person and you won't have to say you've been 'refused' by any company in your application form if there's a problem. They'll also know the insurance 'medical examination' limits for different companies

Advertisement