Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surprise Surprise.

Options
  • 15-11-2006 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Access Hollywood Mother of Jackson's 2005 Accuser Pleads Guilty To Fraud
    LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The woman whose son was at the center of last year's Michael Jackson trial has pleaded no contest to welfare fraud.

Jackson's lawyer had questioned the woman's honesty at the pop star's trial. Jurors who cleared Jackson cited their doubts about her melodramatic testimony, in which she accused Jackson of holding her family against their will.

Her attorney, Patricia Hattersley, says she and her client "felt she had a viable defense" to the welfare fraud charge. But the attorney says the woman wants to "move on with her life" and
    not put her family through "a major trial."

The judge ordered the woman to complete 150 hours of community service and pay 86-hundred dollars restitution by April 27th.

Prosecutors contend the woman applied for welfare without disclosing she had money
    This woman is a retard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

A scum sucking leech, maybe....but a retard? Thats just harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Doesn't surprise me anyway, if anything was made clear from the MJ trial it was that her and her family were leeching scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I thought this thread was going to be about Cilla Black.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

You would be surprised by how many celebrities settle cases rather than defend themselves in court, even when they are believed to be innocent. A court defense takes a tremendous amount of time, money, and energy better spent on advancing their career.

• Advertisement

You would be surprised by how many celebrities settle cases rather than defend themselves in court, even when they are believed to be innocent. A court defense takes a tremendous amount of time, money, and energy better spent on advancing their career.
    Perhaps celebrities that are in the limelight right now, but those like MJ or more recently Bill Cosby have no reason not to go to court and defend themselves if they're so sure of their innocence. I mean, if they win the case they can claim their costs, perhaps damages for the time spent in court which they could have used to make money (perhaps not) and they save their reputation.
    Any celebrity whos just sitting around and settles cases out of court I'd be a bit suspicious of their innocence tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

petes wrote:
    I thought this thread was going to be about Cilla Black.

I was so disappointed :(

Could this mean thought that this woman can never be viewed as a victim in other circumstances, due to how she has behaved?

6th wrote:
    I was so disappointed :(

Could this mean thought that this woman can never be viewed as a victim in other circumstances, due to how she has behaved?
    I'm sure it will definately have some effect on those judging her, whether it be the jury in a court room or the casual observer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wait, Michael Jackson kidnapped Cilla Black?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

humanji wrote:
    Wait, Michael Jackson kidnapped Cilla Black?

No, they are just living together in Letrim.

I thought/hoped this thread was about Paris Hilton.

• Advertisement
Advertisement