Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Masters in shanghi

Options
  • 14-11-2006 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been whatching this over the past few days? Its been a traders wetdream so far. Incredible stuff today.

About 15million euro match in both todays matches, which were played this morning. Feder played Roddick in the first match.

Roddick was 11.5 at the start of the match. Feder's was 1.11 i think. Roddick drifted into 1.20's at one stage. Feder went out to 6.1 Roddick went and set up and had 3 match points, blew them all and ended up losing. amazing stuff.

Not a patch on the Nalbandian vs Ljubic match though. Nal won the first set, and was serving for the match in the 2nd set and managed to lose the match.

1.02 $1,000
    1.03 $102,489
    1.04 $272,226
    1.05 $592,686
    1.06 $1,636,049
    1.07 $1,066,923
    1.08 $1,517,324

thats just some of the money bet on Nal during the match. Alot of gutted people no dubt. Even when it was 1-1 and ljubic was looking on top he was still going at odds of 3.0 and so. God only knows what odds you could of got on Ljubic when nal was serving for the match.

Todays matches are Blake vs Davydenko and Robredo vs Nadal. Starts at 11am on sky sports extra. If your on betfair i recommend tipping your toes in here, great fun.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Cheers for the heads up. Just found a stream for the Federer Roddick game. Federer serving 2-1 up in the final set so all money on him now - not my money though!

Edit: damn just re-read your post. I guess there's no point in watching this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

haha, oh man thats classic.

Sorry about that, i have made it a bit clearer now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I got Ljubicic at 8.0 yesterday when he was 1-0 down at the end of the 2nd set. He always looked like winning after that and I think he went his first 3 serve games of the first set without Nalbandian even getting a point. He was 17.5 on Betfair when I got him at 8.0 starbet which is incredible.

I'm on Blake today. He was excellent against Nadal while Davydenko was terrible in his last match.

btw - If you want a free fiver at starbet just put your e-mail in this box:
    http://www.starbet.de/unicum

Register at their english site (.com) and you can then use the voucher. It's a pretty good site actually and has plenty of live betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wouldn't write off Davydenko just yet. Out of his last 15 games on this surface hes lost just once (And even that was a game he had to retire whilst leading). Fair enough he played below his best on Monday but you have to remember that he was playing in the final of the Paris Masters just a week before (which he won, his 5th title this year).

Hes currently No.3 in the world and is having a cracking season. But for Blakes victory yesterday I reckon Davy would have been 1-2 favourite. Instead hes the Evens underdog which is a cracking price for me. On the other side of the coin, Blakes playing well so it won't be easy. Anyway good luck with your bet eirebhoy.

Verdict: Davydenko to beat Blake @Evens

Fair points but of the 10 sets that these two have played together, Davydenko has only managed to win 1 of those. After Monday's matches I'm confident of a Blake win.

• Advertisement

5 games played and neither player has managed to hold serve. Davydenko looks the better of the 2 so far though and I now fancy him to win.

blake hasnt been at the races at all. But the way the masters has gone, i wouldnt be hugely surprised if he manages to win this set or at least break back.

and there it is. Break for blake 4-4. And blake is looking the better player now.

Davydenko was at his very best for most of the match and Blake's head was down as he was returning everything. Now Blake seems to be full of confidence and has just gone 5-4 up after being 2-4 down. Actually, he's flying atm. :)

1-1 all now. Blake just broke him again to win the set. Blake is now favourties, from being 8.0 shot for most of the 2nd set.

• Advertisement

Blake was 30-0 down in the last game and won 4 points in a row to win the set. He's now the player with the better confidence and is favourite to win. How things change so quickly. :) Still though, it's probably 50/50.

Sky Sports commentators are saying Davydenko was playing the best match of his career at 4-2 up in the 2nd set.

Davydenk is still playing some great shots in this game. It impossilbe to call.

blake has broken to go 3-1 up, then got broken back straight away.

Yeah I thought the match was over at 3-1 as Davydenko looked injured.

thats it. James Blake wins antoher amazing match.

Wow! What a game of two halves. Davydenko looked to be in cruise contol for 1 and a half sets. He was 1-20 on when he went 4-2 up! Blake really did look dead and buried. Gotta hand it to the guy though, what a turnaround. Not sure if Blake uppe dhis game or Davy dipped, either way, respect to Mr Blake.

Good man eirebhoy, hope ya had a few quid on him. Davydenko out to 16's now to win outright. If he can manage to maintain his 1st set form that may not be a bad E/W bet. Think i'll take that. He owes me!

nadal @ 1.22 is definitly worth laying. He was 1.19 to lay before the match aswell.

nadal @ 1.22 is definitly worth laying. He was 1.19 to lay before the match aswell.
    :eek: You're a much braver man than Pighead Chucky!

I've a (very) small bet on Robredo. He's definitely good value at 5/1 but it's more to just keep me interested.

i dont think nada will lose, but he wont win it with that much ease. He's already had a bp against him but managed to win the game. I'll hopefully get a chance to trade out a some point.

Still worth the risk.

• Advertisement

Robredo breaks.

typical robredo lets nadal break straight back.

nadal won the set i nthe tie-break.

Roddick to win 2-0.
    Federer to win 2-0.
    ----
    Double at 2.45.

Nalbandian needs to win 2-0. If he loses the first set he has nothing to play for and Roddick should rap it up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Fed could easily lose a set, looked shaky, I reckon the first will go to tie break

Doesn't matter as Roddick is 2 breaks down in the first set and will be going 1-0 down.

I thought Nalbandian was going to bottle it again. He was 5-4 up and serving for the match, Roddick breaks his serve for the first time in the match which included Nalbandian's only double fault. It went to a tie-breaker but Nalbandian won in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

€100 on

Nadal, Rafael 2-1 3/1

€100 on

Davydenko, Nikolay 2-1 7/2

roddick was 1.42 before the match aswell. blake is 1.41. No value in that at all. Robredo has cost me this week. He has been **** in both of his matches, unfortunalty i wont be around to bet on this tomorrow morning so i know he will pull a suprise out of the bag tomorrow and probaly nick the first set.

• Advertisement
Advertisement