Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claude Young Returns!! Temple Bar Music Centre - Fri 1st Dec

Options
  • 14-11-2006 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Claude Young Returns! – Fri 1st Dec – Temple Bar Music Centre

Main Bar:
    Claude Young (Cynet – Media)
    Rian Ryan (Electric City)

Front Bar:
    Michael Gaffney & Eoin Diamond (Schmo)

Friday 1st Dec – Temple Bar Music Centre
    Doors: 11.00pm
    Tickets: 20euro – Available from www.tickets.ie, Selectah, City Discs & Big Brother

The Temple Bar Music Centre, on the 1st of December, sees the long awaited return of legendary Detroit techno Dj and producer, Claude Young. It has been three years since Claude’s unique style of “hip-hop djing with techno records” has delighted an Irish audience. Anyone who attends the music centre on the 1st of December will be guaranteed a rare treat from one of the most influential Djs from the pioneering Detroit techno scene of the early 90’s.

The Detroit heavy weight is seen as a genius among music experts, and critics alike, with the British magazine NME describing his amazing dexterity as “…cutting it up, transforming tracks with creative touches into new interpretations on their original sound”.
    Originally from Detroit, and now currently living in Japan, Claude was born the son of legendary WJLB radio personality, station founding member and production master Claude Young Snr. Who through his radio show in Detroit brought artists such as Isaac Hayes, David Bowie, Run DMC and Kraftwerk to the ears of millions of Americans.
    During Claude Young Jnr's 16-year music career he has released numerous records on labels such as Tresor, 7th City, Djax and Axis. Technasia, Gary Numan, Carl Craig, Joey Beltram and 4Hero are but a few of the artists, Claude has worked with down through the years. He has performed globally from Ireland to Australia since the 1990’s, before relocating to Japan. Where in December 2004 he semi-retired from touring to start his new label Cynet-Media, with his close friend HG Wells and his wife Yukiko Young.
    Out of retirement, and in Dublin, for one night only. Don’t miss your chance to see this legend in action. Support on the night comes from Dublin powerhouse, Rian Ryan (Electric City) and in the front bar indulge in the smooth Chicago house and techno sounds of Eoin Diamond and Michael Gaffney

Check out Claude ripping it on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibhq_6n43js

For more info contact schmopromotions@gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

we use to go to him a few years ago. always brilliant. think i might gather up the old gang!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

i think this has been cancelled....?
    can anyone confirm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 dj pj

yeah there was some trouble with a visa so sadly put back for a few months:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭junglecliff

thats poxy...
    been really looking forward to this.
    he got inta the uk alright doe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Ah pity about that i may have gone along myself for old times sake ive seen Claude Young about 4 times here before mostly in the Kitchen but i also remember one nite about 8/9 years ago a Tuesday/Wednesday i think it was in some club(closed now) that was off Grafton St near Stephens Green shopping centre for the life of me i cant think of the name of it but it was some session;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement