Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ship from America to Ireland

Options
  • 14-11-2006 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if this is the right place, but I dont know where else to put it. Sorry.

Amazon.com wont deliver a camera I want to Ireland, I heard of a company that will ship your orders to you in Ireland if posted to thier warehouse in America. Could someone please tell me the anme of such a company and weather thaty are reputable. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Try amazon.co.uk, they'll surely ship to ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

if its electronic in any form, and i assume it is, then amazon won't deliver. it's cause of that WEEE surcharge on all electronic goods to help recycle electronic waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

Amazon UK charge €50 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The thing is that imports from the US are liable to duty and taxes, quite hefty ones in case of a presumably expensive camera.

Most US exporters don't want the hassle of dealing with that, hence they don't ship to Europe.

If you do find someone who ships the camera to you at US prices plus freigth be careful ...you are liable for declaring duties and tax and could be done for fraud if caught not declaring.
    Or you could get a very nasty surprise, when the UPS fellow suddenly looks for a cheque to cover taxes and duties ...as some of them do. (on top of whatever you paid the shipper for the goods and freight )

Safer to buy from Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,921 ✭✭✭kirving

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

peasant wrote:
    The thing is that imports from the US are liable to duty and taxes, quite hefty ones in case of a presumably expensive camera.
    Yeah your right, taxes are quite high, 25% on anything over €100. Delivery can be very high too.

Safer to buy from Europe.
    True, but its dearer in alot of cases, remember that alot of products come from America therefore the wholesalers in europe have to pay taxes and delivery charges when importing them from the US, so all them charges pass on to the customer here:(

Advertisement