Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SINDO to sue Britney!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

And rightly so! Power to the Sindo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

the paper has a point though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Excellent.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

hehe fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

yes she tried to sue them but if the paper have any decency they will leave it be. The point is that the newspaper wrote about speculation at the time and imo it doesnt matter if they were right.

once again it the media making peoples lives a misery.

i cant blame britney for trying to protect her failing marriage, wouldnt you?
    The only reason she would sue is to try and give the impression that her marriage was ok, we all know it wasnt for the money, since she is loaded!! after all we dont know why exactly the marriage failed but im guessing the media had a part to play.

britney couldnt be an a**hole for all i care, but i hate the media stirring sh*te that soesnt have to be stirred

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Poor ole Britney, she's had a really rough year. Obviously her marraige was in trouble but I'm sure she didn't want the whole world to know that, or maybe at the time she believed they'd get through it. Everyone seems to give her such a hard time these days...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

They had to get their lawyers on it, costing them money. Delighted, hope she pays for the legal costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Ha, excellent - well done the Sindo :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Not a big fan of the sindo, but if they spent considerable cost defending against her false claim then their action is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I wish there was a way they could BOTH lose...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

yes she tried to sue them but if the paper have any decency they will leave it be. The point is that the newspaper wrote about speculation at the time and imo it doesnt matter if they were right.

once again it the media making peoples lives a misery.

The only reason she would sue is to try and give the impression that her marriage was ok, we all know it wasnt for the money, since she is loaded!! after all we dont know why exactly the marriage failed but im guessing the media had a part to play.

britney couldnt be an a**hole for all i care, but i hate the media stirring sh*te that soesnt have to be stirred

My thoughts exactly..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

if they spent considerable cost defending against her false claim then their action is fair enough.
    Agree with this. As long as the amount they sue for is only to reimburse their legal costs, then this is fair enough IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

You can blame her for costing the Sunday Indo a small fortune in legal fees as she tried to counter a statement that was in fact true.

You can't just sue someone because they state something that is true. Her marriage was in trouble, her divorse is evidence of that fact. In fact Britney seems to be the last to realise this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

LOL exactly.

I would love to see that rag go bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

stovelid wrote:
    LOL exactly.

I would love to see that rag go bust.

Can't say I disagree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

RTE wrote:
    The Sunday Independent is talking about taking legal action
    and thats all they'll do, look at the facts,
    1. The Sindo as already stated on this thread published speculation (integrity wise thats a black eye for the sindo)
    2. This all started after an article earlier this year when they reported that the marriage was in trouble, therein lies the Sindos problem, while britney and her husband are now getting divorced, the burden of proof is on the sindo that the marriage was in difficulty earlier this year when they ran the story(it's highly likely, but almost impossible to prove.)
    3. After the Liam Lawlor debacle last year the so called Broadsheet hasn't learnt it's lesson about publishing rumours.they should get out of the gutter-press mentality they've adopted since their war with the "Oirish" Mail on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Sindo shouldnt bother. Let it just go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ah yeah poor Sir Tony having to shell out legal costs to defend the journalistic integrity of a newspaper that makes its money off bitchy gossip, it's just not fair.

Me ballix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Seconded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Poor britney, she already lost loads during the week.

And a sex tape

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ooh

tell me more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Apparently a K-Fed/Britney sex tape leaked onto the internet but it turned out it's just somebody that looks like her giving some guy a blowjob.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

still sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Aye someone was telling me at work today about the hubby more or less blackmailing her over the pre-nup with some 4hr tape of the honeymoon, that he said he'd put out on the net if she didn't play ball.
    Tabloid fallacy or what?

Advertisement