Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 Releases you're looking forward to

Options
  • 13-11-2006 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

For me:

Smashing Pumpkins
    Silverchair
    Manic Street Preachers
    Metallica
    Green Day
    Queens Of The Stone Age
    Primus
    Pixies
    Megadeth
    Dinosaur Jr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Arcade Fire !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

STARS! But that might not be out til 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

modest mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Next year's going to be ridiculously good for new releases.

Looking forward to what The Stooges will come up with. New Cure album in the pipeline aswell.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Elliott Smith (stuff being released posthum)
    Wilco
    Who else could there be ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im not sure what albums are coming out next year, but from the OP's original one, I'd say Smashing Pumpkins and QOTSA definatelt. Two of my favouritist bands, and possibility of a tour each :D. Pixies and Metallica aswell but not sure if they still have it in them anymore...compared to old stuff anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

i think the pixies album is a very very faint rumour.
    arcade fire next year? oh my...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭bottlerocket

The big two for me - Radiohead and Arcade Fire. I predict the Manics will continue to p1ss over their legacy and cannot anticipate the Pixies one with anything other than trepidation. It seems Doves are in the studio too, hopefully we'll get that next year. One of Britains most underrated, in my opinion.

And eclectic, I'm nearly certain the Modest Mouse one is out in December. With Johnny Marr! Should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

biffy clyro (most looking forward to this)
    marmaduke duke
    arcade fire
    smashing pumpkins (i'm still slating this as a Duke Nukem forever album ie. may never come out after so many promises).
    oceansize
    YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO
    the rentals
    ozma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Boredoms - Super Roots 9. According to EYE it's a recording of a gig they did with a choir!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

And eclectic, I'm nearly certain the Modest Mouse one is out in December. With Johnny Marr! Should be great.

:D oooh thank you. a v nice xmas present!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Interpol (hopefully)
    The Shins - Wincing the Night Away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ilovehoovering

Jape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

65daysofstatic, due sometime before April.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Of Montreal's "Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?"

Out end-January, I gave it a thumbs-up print review last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I predict the Manics will continue to p1ss over their legacy
    Stop trying to be cool bottlerocket. I distinctly remember you telling Pighead the last album was a cracker and they were back on form. Shame on you changing your mind just because the public didn't agree!

Oh and by the way Brett Anderson has a new album out next year. Album of the year already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

all the manic's albums are ****e in my opinion.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

mada999 wrote:
    all the manic's albums are ****e in my opinion.....
    Good contribution! can't wait for the new manics album. QOTSA, interested in hearing Mixmaster Mikes solo album too. there's a few more that i just can't think of.

Pighead wrote:
    Shame on you changing your mind just because the public didn't agree!

Oh and by the way Brett Anderson has a new album out next year. Album of the year already.

Yes disgraceful behaviour Pighead. Will Bretts new one be as good as A New Morning? Thats one of your all time top ten innit? I clearly remember you saying as much....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yes disgraceful behaviour Pighead. Will Bretts new one be as good as A New Morning? Thats one of your all time top ten innit? I clearly remember you saying as much....
    Touche Mr bottlerocket! We'll leave it at that then buddy. Only have that East 17 concert you went to in 5th year as ammunition. Pighead knows his limits. Draw Game!

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Touche Mr bottlerocket! We'll leave it at that then buddy. Only have that East 17 concert you went to in 5th year as ammunition. Pighead knows his limits. Draw Game!

Fair enough pighead, we've all got the odd blemish or two (or even three) on our records. Did somebody mention girls aloud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

The shins, arcade fire and qotsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Dying for newbies by

Smashing Pumpkins
    Bloc Party
    Arctic Monkeys
    Rilo Kiley
    Interpol
    Kings of Leon
    The Shins
    Babyshambles
    QOTSA
    Arcade Fire
    Klaxons
    The View
    Dinosaur Jr

Have the Manics confirmed they're definitely recording this year?? :confused:

Fingers crossed for new Blur and Oasis albums later in the year too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

With the exception of QOTSA the OP's list could just as well be 10 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

bloody hell, Silverchair are still going? I'll have to check that out, I kinda forgot about them after Diorama, they should really tour over here! I remember that Daniel Johns had some health problems before and couldn't tour much, hopefully thats cleared up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Have the Manics confirmed they're definitely recording this year?? :confused:

They're recording right now.

Dying for newbies by

Have the Manics confirmed they're definitely recording this year??

Due out in spring, provisionally called Send Away the Tigers.

Short interview here http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,2774-2443365,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 There we were

Oasis and the Arctic Monkeys, although i fear it won't be until 2008 that we get a new Oasis record, if we ever get one

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

Smashing Pumpkins. Above anything else.

And I think Chris Cornell is bringing out another solo album, which should be cool.
    And Jimmy Eat World, who are recording with Butch Vig at the moment, although i have no idea when they are coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dead air wrote:
    Jimmy Eat World, who are recording with Butch Vig at the moment, although i have no idea when they are coming out.

let's hope the god we don't get a cheesy as hell album with tracks about making a difference when you vote :rolleyes:

futures was dirt except for like two tracks. (kill and this world you love)

Advertisement