Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Darkness MMO

Options
  • 13-11-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Those fimilar with the game Vampire: The_Masquerade - Bloodlines will know it was a bit lacking. However the the universe in which it is set World of Darkness (created by White Wolf) is full of other potential.

They have recently merged with CCP the creators of [URL="http://www.eve-online.com]EVE Online[/URL].

Together they have stated this
    White Wolf will leverage CCP's industry-leading technologies to bring its offline role-playing titles online. Conceptualization and early development has begun to bring White Wolf's World of Darkness, one of the world's strongest gaming properties, into the online world.

For those not familar with World of Darkness click here and do a little sex wee all of your own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

cant.........breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Intervention!!!!

//edit What the hell happened to my original post there is a chunk missing, including a quote. now I look like a pervert, anyway I reckon people get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Crazy gibberish aside.

W00t! I want I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lacking? tbh i thought bloodlines was the business and i wouldnt care much for the WOD game franchise being turned into yet another MMORPG :mad:

So nearly ten years later to general confusion CCP have finally admitted that this thing is dead as a mackerel. And they only completely gutted the franchise in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

No surprise really. In ten years, they've released a few screenshots one short rendered video. Had no real expectations about it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

So they used the IP/skills they gained from White Wolf to make dust?. They put walking in stations into EVE and it is still a pile of **** how many years later?

I wonder how much the whole thing cost CCP.

BigEejit wrote: »
    So they used the IP/skills they gained from White Wolf to make dust?

Don't think so, but they definitely come across as a company whose reach exceeds their grasp. And who have a cock as a CEO

Given that star citizen and elite:dangerous will be muscling in on their territory soon I would'nt be optimistic
    BigEejit wrote: »
    I wonder how much the whole thing cost CCP

21 million apparently, they had to write off assets to that tune when they announced it was cancelled anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Yeah, EVE is hanging in there for some reason .... its very long in the tooth for a MMO but its features put most newer MMO's to shame .... hopefully getting rid of this will get their management focused on the game again and get graphical updates in there (not walking in stations!!!) ... also hope management dont balls it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

The idea behind EVE would have me hooked for endless years tbh...
    The combat turned me off though. If it was dogfighting style of combat I'd never leave the game. But I just didn't enjoy the style they have it.
    I like to have full control, having to aim etc etc....

I wish it existed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Noxin wrote: »
    The combat turned me off though. If it was dogfighting style of combat I'd never leave the game. But I just didn't enjoy the style they have it.

Eve is the Arkham asylum of mmoprgs, if it ever shuts down the collection of misfits and sociopaths from something awful, reddit, 4chan etc. will have to choose some other game to invade.

As it stands, the main service eve does for society is to contain the contamination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I love both the vampire, the masquerade games and read many of the books about the lore. Have the RP handbook
    Eve is definitely my favourite MMO.

So was super excited for this ever since 2006. At least i got some closure now anyway. CCP preferred to invest in monocles.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Noxin wrote: »

Considering the amount of lag that occurs in this game alone in a large scale battle if it was twitch based i doubt you'd get more than 50 players in a battle. let alone 100s or 1000s.

But yeah it is pretty zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

The release of Star Citizen should be the eventual nail in Eve's coffin.

was really looking forward to this game, something new in an MMO and now its cancelled :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Someone "leaked" the alpha manual, along with some screenshots over on Reddit. Reading the kind of systems they had in mind, this could have been a very interesting game.

Raphael wrote: »
    Someone "leaked" the alpha manual, along with some screenshots over on Reddit. Reading the kind of systems they had in mind, this could have been a very interesting game.

They should just go Kickstarter for it. City of Heroes has now gone kickstarter since closing down.

Advertisement