Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre Christmas Destination

• 13-11-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭

a little help required,want to bring my girlfriend for few days holiday before christmas (10th december) preferably some european city which will look lovely and christmassy,maybe an ice rink and good shopping, any suggestions for where would be best?

ps cant afford new york :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yadayada

Prague is fantastic at Christmas time...ice skating rink, christmas markets, mulled wine...ive been about 4 times and all around christmas time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

sounds good!does the markets be busy/good on week days or is it more weekend based!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭fits

Germany is a great spot for the Christmas markets as well. I visited one in Leipzig two years ago and I swear I felt like I was a kid again. Stalls selling handcrafted toys and christmas decorations, roasted chestnuts, gluhwein, waffles, all sorts of wurst, ice skating.. delicious hearty food... Its a huge market in Leipzig, and off the beaten track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Frankfurt is a nice alternative as well.. lots of decent shopping, some nice sights to see and a lovely big outdoor skating rink as well... not as romantic as Prague though :)
    Budapest is a another option, but will cost slightly more to get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I'm going to Brussels for a long weekend in December, it prob isn't quite as cool as Prague or Budapest but has anyone been there for xmas markets or in general and what did ye think??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Brussels is great for the Christmas market. Grand Place looks amazing when it's lit up. The ice rink should be set up in the middle of it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 yadayada

markets are busy all the time..even on weekdays...and food and drink are nice and cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

Prague, Budapest and Cologne would be all good for Christmas markets and Christmas atmosphere in general.

Advertisement