Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maplin bluetooth Car Stereo

Options
  • 12-11-2006 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

similar to the recent aldi/lidl one

E120 - only difference is the mic is on a cabled remote control

didnt get it yet, anyone have one and tested it?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48960&FAQS=Y&doy=12m11

They also have 100 Verbatim blank cds for E20

Any experience on the Stereo appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

any1?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

I got one from Maplin in Galway. Its Nikkai and it cost €117.99. I was installing into a Toyota Avensis so I also had to buy a wiring adaptor harness. This cost €16.99 (!rip-off! but it makes life so much easier!)

Having installed the recent aldi one in a fiesta a few weeks ago I can confirm they are pretty similar units. As you mentioned Smithers the main difference is the cabled mic. They give you a decent length of cable on the mic but I didn't fancy having it lying around inside my car so I removed one of the redundant button covers beside the hazard light switch in the top of the centre console and have the mic poking out there. Much tidier!

The unit functions perfectly, does as it says on the box, radio tuner, cd/rw/mp3. The handsfree is decent, sound quality through the speakers is good and the mic works okay too. Have made a few calls and there haven't been any problems.

I wasn't overly keen on the cabled mic at first but I think there is better sound quality than the aldi one (which has the mic in the radio fascia) as the mic can be positioned to suit you. It is far from the most stylish unit on the market but for the money I wasn't expecting style. The buttons seem solid enough, at least as good as the aldi one, and the volume dial is better - I found the volume dial on the aldi stereo a bit finnicky. One feature I liked about the cabled remote is the talk button - if a call is coming through you just press the button on the remote to answer. With the aldi unit you have to press answer on the phone. A small point but it just means that you don't have to scrabble around to find your phone and press answer! Another handy thing is pressing the talk button twice will redial your last called number.

All in all I'd say it's a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

Cheers Danny,

thats made my mind up, its only a bit dearer then the cheepest Mp3 stereo and from what your saying the car kit works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Foleyart

I just bought one from Maplin, 112E. bargain. It works really well, but I have a problem in that when I finish a call, it doesnt automatically return to the radio. I read the manual, such as it is, and it made no mention of any thing in particular to do when you finish a call. Am I technically challenged or is it a fault or a problem?? I have to switch off the ignition to get the radio back !!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

On my one the radio/cd automatically mutes when I receive a call and automatically returns about one second after finishing the call. Sounds like you have a faulty unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Got very excited only to see there's absolutely no auxiliary inputs on it. oh well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Biker-Budgie

Hi - sorry to resurect an old thread, i have been searching in vain to find a manual for the Nikkai A38FQ (has the external mic) after buying a 2nd hand unit on Ebay.

do any of you have one? i will happpily pay a reasonable fee to get one.

thanks
    Bry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oldie

Hi - sorry to resurect an old thread, i have been searching in vain to find a manual for the Nikkai A38FQ (has the external mic) after buying a 2nd hand unit on Ebay.

thanks
    Bry

Hi all. Looking for manual or combination to use on mic buttons (talk, p or both), to show flashing led to make radio visible to my phone. Have done it once before but cant remember sequence.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Oldie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

thanks
    Bry

Shoot an email off to Maplin customer care. They will normally oblige and send back a PDF of the manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oldie

Shoot an email off to Maplin customer care. They will normally oblige and send back a PDF of the manual.

Thanks for the prompt reply bluemachavel. I'll get an email off to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement