Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer Songwriter Wanted for groundbreaking band

Options
  • 12-11-2006 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Singer wanted for originals band based in Galway (would be willing to move to Dublin if we found what we were looking for in singer - good voice, lyrics and ability to put melodies to music). Influences are Mogwai, Sigur Rós, U2, The Beatles and everything or anything. We have a large repertoire of original music for singer to work with (ages 20-23). If interested, PM me or email oph0@hotmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

What specifically makes the band groundbreaking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Probably the fact this ad gets re-posted every other day. Didn't know you could have a "groundbreaking band" without a songwriter but there ya go...

Or maybe it's the fact that their influences are U2 and The Beatles - that's unique, no? I've never even heard of either of those...

spot the cynics :D:D:D

Or maybe it's "groundbreaking" because they start a topic looking for a singer/songwriter, and don't even bother to check back on the topic and reply! That sort of commitment has to count for something!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Leave them alone there trying to get a singer its not easy ,you just want to start some sort of boards bullying thread to make your self look good but in fact sir your the only thing i get sick of reading .They can post the same add everyday for the rest of time it none of your freekin business .:cool:

RAIN wrote:
    Leave them alone there trying to get a singer its not easy ,you just want to start some sort of boards bullying thread to make your self look good but in fact sir your the only thing i get sick of reading .They can post the same add everyday for the rest of time it none of your freekin business .:cool:
    Actually it is our business, I don't think they can post the same ad every day iirc. This thread pops up on a regular basis and like any other post on the forum it's open to scrutiny and queries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

perhaps they want to work for the council on the side fixing paths...thats rather groundbreaking haha i do find it funny that they can start an original band without a songwritter

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Hello Everyone,

I don't think our add deserves the kind of attention it's getting, I was ignoring some of the replies at first but I think I need to say something in our defence. Firstly, we consider ourselves 'groundbreaking' in the area of our music and our sound. We have been an instrumental band for the past few years, similar to Mogwai and Sigur Ros - whom I might add are considered to be vert 'groundbreaking'- and now we want to find a singer and explore 'songwriting', its as simple as that. Secondly, our add is 'bumpped' daily in line with Boards rules and thirdly, cheers RAIN and joenailface that was well funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

OPH ...good on ya!....hope you find a front person and i empathize with you whole heartedly. Finding good musos in this day and age is tough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

O.P.H wrote:
    we consider ourselves 'groundbreaking' in the area of our music and our sound. We have been an instrumental band for the past few years, similar to Mogwai and Sigur Ros - whom I might add are considered to be vert 'groundbreaking'

If you're similar to a groundbreaking act, how does that make you groundbreaking?

Also, if you really want a singer, what's with the whole 20-23 age range? Singers are hard enough to find without needing them to be born between 1983-1986, does that make sense to you?

Just some friendly advice.

O.P.H wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

I don't think our add deserves the kind of attention it's getting, I was ignoring some of the replies at first but I think I need to say something in our defence. Firstly, we consider ourselves 'groundbreaking' in the area of our music and our sound. We have been an instrumental band for the past few years, similar to Mogwai and Sigur Ros - whom I might add are considered to be vert 'groundbreaking'- and now we want to find a singer and explore 'songwriting', its as simple as that. Secondly, our add is 'bumpped' daily in line with Boards rules and thirdly, cheers RAIN and joenailface that was well funny.
    NO EXCESSIVE BUMPING OF THREADS at least wait a day or so before bumping a thread, if you get excessive with your bumping you'll get a temp banning

In fairness, you're walking the line there with the constant bumping but if you can get away with it more power to ya. Nobody's trying to stop you finding someone for your band but personally I'd have serious reservations about the wording of your post. Maybe you should consider a new approach (seeing as how we're on the topic of groundbreaking) and widen the search criteria.

I mean, you want someone 20-23, what if the ideal person is 24, are they past it? You might as well just say "Genius Wanted - terms & conditions apply".

At least you're prepared to move to Dublin which shows some commitment, I just think you're not doing yourself any favours with this ad every other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Thanks for all the friendly advice and maybe there is some confusion in our add about what we're looking for because we don't care about age. We were just stating the ages of our band members and as for the posting, we just wait for the add to run out of page one and if a day has past we repost, I don't think that has any negative effects on us finding a singer. Also, when I said we are similar to Mogwai and Sigur Ros, I was refering to the fact that our music is instrumental, like theirs, not that our music is exactly the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

havent heard from ya ina whiile chief you still interested?????????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SAHERN10

OPH ...good on ya!....hope you find a front person and i empathize with you whole heartedly. Finding good musos in this day and age is tough

I dont think its tough at all, its just that theres so much to choose from that people are'nt interested in anything that isnt an instant payback but the nature of the whole thing demands time and patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

SAHERN10 wrote:
    I dont think its tough at all, its just that theres so much to choose from that people are'nt interested in anything that isnt an instant payback but the nature of the whole thing demands time and patients.

well my "patients" is wearing thin...are you a player?

Advertisement