Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amplify an Acoustic guitar?

Options
  • 12-11-2006 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

What do I need to amplify an Acoustic guitar?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If it doesn't have any pickups (magnetic or piezo) then you need a microphone and an amp or PA. What are you hoping to achieve? Playing live gigs or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Melinge

Has no pick up, found a 15 wat amp. Its just a practice amp but I dont no what pick up to get or how to connect it to the guitar and the amp is american so i will need a good transformer.

It'd be easier just to mic the guitar. IMO, there's no point in amplifying the guitar if you'll just be playing for yourself.

I know what youre saying i'm just tryin 2 encourage my mum to get back to playing her guitar and 15 watt is all I can afford. Yet 15 watt is plenty for a small room or a small group of people.

TBH, an acoustic on it's own should be ok.

• Advertisement

Ya I know but she was interested in getting an amp so I thought I would get her one

TBH, get her a Microcube. If the guitar doesn't have a pickup, you'll have to buy one and get it installed and you're probably looking at a couple of hundred for that.

Advertisement