Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Non Irish Shares

Options
  • 11-11-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

LAst year I was working for Canadian Company and as part of the package I received share options. I signed up, but left the company after six months. The issued me with a Share Certificate, I have two Shares. The are currently worth $150 USB a share.

How can I sell these in Ireland, I know its not going to make me rich, but would come in handy for xmas? Anyone any ideas how I sell them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Did you recieve shares, or share options? An option is not a share, it is the option to purchase a share at some point in the future at a fixed price. Share options are designed to retain employees, usually for 1-5 years. It would be very unusual for an option to be of value after just 6 months.

If you actually do have a share certificate, you can sell the shares through any Irish broker, such as Campbell O'Connor. You will find that for such a small deal, their commission will eat a good slice of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pele10

I do have the share certificate, and can cash them in, thanks for the link

Advertisement