Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horror stories from the west

Options
  • 11-11-2006 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

:confused: Ok, I would like to get a zht effects pack from music123.com, but i've been told that when shipped from the US, customs charge 20% VAT. Is this true with music123.com or douse anyone know a europeen site with this pack.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You'd be charged nearly 25% on the item(s) and the shipping. There are plenty of European shops' links in the Resource sticky. Check em out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Melinge wrote:
    :confused: Ok, I would like to get a zht effects pack from music123.com, but i've been told that when shipped from the US, customs charge 20% VAT. Is this true with music123.com or douse anyone know a europeen site with this pack.:)

It's 21% VAT and usually about 4% import duty, and it's true of any legitmate shop that's outside the European Union. In the EU, there's no duty, and the VAT is already included in the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

When I read the thread title, I thought it was going to be something about the horrible guitar shops we have out here in Galway. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

When I read the thread title, I thought it was going to be something about the horrible guitar shops we have out here in Galway. :o

I thought worse....I thought it was going to be a rant about quality control at American guitar builders. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Melinge

haha, well i'm a drummer so you won't catch me talking about guitars. You think galways bad try clare/limerick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement