Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger/HSBC

Options
  • 10-11-2006 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

This weekend's (4am starts) HSBC Champions saw Tiger Woods finish level par on the opening day and drift from a pre tournament 11-8 to 10/3. Remarkable to think that this relatively small market change was due to an 8 shot deficit. The bookmakers were proved right on the second day when Tiger finally woke up and scored a course record and finish 8 under par (leaving him 2 shots behind the leader - some lad I never heard of).

Upon waking up to this I expected to see Tiger at 1-3 or something equally ridiculous, yet understandable...surprisingly, he's 4/5 on PP at the moment (9/10 on betfair and unsurprisingly 4/7 on ladbrokes).

I've already backed Michael Campbell each way in this event and eventhough he's still up there with a chance (-8 also) surely it's only a matter of time before Tiger pulls the trigger on the rest of this field.

Suggestions

Tiger to win outright at 4/5 / 9/10
    Michael Campbell e/w at 14-1 (what the hell)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Yeah was pretty impressed with the 4/5 myself. Have him in a couple of weekend bets at that price. I think the bookies are a bit wary of Goosen whos a shot ahead of Tiger.

But Retief generally has one shocker of a round so hopefully that'll come tomorrow. Like you I can't see Tiger not winning from here (Double Negative Alert). I'm gonna take the leader Randhawa E/W as well @ 11/1 as from what I saw hes playing nicely. Bit ****ty though as its only the top 3 that count for E/W purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

With a name like Randhawa though he's bound to shit himself come Sunday and slip back a little. Unless he actually lives on this golf course, can anyone comfirm or deny this?

Well his first name is Jyoti which i'm almost sure is Indian for "He who dwells on the Shanghai Sports Fields" so you may well be right Fade.

Knew it. He plays a round before lunch ever day. I'm pretty sure he cuts the grass too. He could be a danger.

fade2black wrote:
    Knew it. He plays a round before lunch ever day. I'm pretty sure he cuts the grass too. He could be a danger.
    And they tried to tell us our in depth knowledge of the Shanghai golfing scene would never come in useful. Guess who looks silly now. In their faces.

• Advertisement

In. Their. Faces.

Now, will I do a Melbourne Cup on it and stay up to watch the golf tonight?

No.

fade2black wrote:
    In. Their. Faces.

Now, will I do a Melbourne Cup on it and stay up to watch the golf tonight?

No.
    Ah go on.
    Pighead read once in a gambling book that watching an event can actually help your bet become successful. Something to do with the power of the mind and transphysical connections.

Ooh Edfors is after getting his 2nd birdie in 3 holes. The Swedish gamblers must be watching in great numbers.

The less said about last night the better.

Pighead...pint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Gonna take tiger at 7/1 and hope i can trade out at some point.

fade2black wrote:
    Suggestions

Tiger to win outright at 4/5 / 9/10
    Michael Campbell e/w at 14-1 (what the hell)

Good stuff fade. Campbell came storming through the field with a final round 64 to snatch 3rd place and Each Way money. Almost a clean sweep for ya, Tiger just failing to catch Yong Yun Yang(Now this guy DEFINITELY lives on the Shanghai Course)
    As predicted by fade, Randhawa shat himself and imploded in a cloud of poo with a final round 75. Hopefully you managed to trade off the Tiger Chucky.

Points Staked: 50
    Points Returned:0
    Loss: 50 Points

• Advertisement

Thanks Pighead. I actually watched the first 5 minutes of the golf this morning so I'm certain this had a positive effect on my man. As for Yong Yun Yang...well he obviously just didn't understand the script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

when i realised it wasnt on tv and i couldnt find a stream for it there was no way in hell i was staying up all night looking at a scoreboard. So i decided to lay Gosen aswell.

thankfully Pighead you were right about him usually having at least one shocker of a round. Came out with a nice €2.05 profit.

Good job Fade.

Advertisement