Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best way to transfer money from spain to ireland

Options
  • 10-11-2006 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to transfer 4000E from a friends bank account in Spain to mine here in Ireland. How would you do it? I have heard some horror stories about lodging it into accounts and western union charge through the roof. what other options are available to me?
    thank you,
    Ken

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Get IBAN and BIC code for Irish Bank account.

Go to Spanish Bank and transfer money for same cost as a domestic transfer in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

On the same sort of topic, I want to transfer a large amount from a UK bank account to a bank account in Ireland. I checked the amount with several online currency converters and made sure that I had the correct amount in my account and a bit over. When I was at the bank, however, they told me that it would be a sum circa £1,500 more than any of the online currency converters and so I couldn't complete the transaction. :(

Why the difference? What sort of exchange rates are they using? :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You have to remember two things..the exchange rates you find on the web aren't nessecarily the same as the banks use for individual customers. The rates used for big business transactions and currency trading aren't the same as the ones the person on the street gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭penny1001

thank you,
    I will contact my bank for those codes,
    Penny

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Its pretty expensive to transfer money in and out of a spanish account

0.2% for anything less than €12,500, 0.5% for anything over that amount.

Not too bad on €4000 but once you get into large ammounts you really feel it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

BuffyBot wrote:
    You have to remember two things..the exchange rates you find on the web aren't nessecarily the same as the banks use for individual customers. The rates used for big business transactions and currency trading aren't the same as the ones the person on the street gets.
    Euro to Euro transfer - no fx rates.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Euro to Euro transfer - no fx rates.

genie's post is about GBP

Advertisement