Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premiership betting 11th/12th nov

Options
  • 10-11-2006 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

Arsenal v Liverpool/draw 11-5
    Chelsea v Watford/home 1-8
    Man City v Newcastle/draw 11-5
    Middlesbrough v West Ham /away 12-5

chelsea are a dead cert,i can see them getting three at least.arsenal are inconsistent at home and vice versa for liverpool away,low scoring draw me thinks.west ham are in cracking form,well two wins on the trott facing a brough side that does`nt know it`s arse from it`s elbow atm,and lastly and probably leastly city v the toon,if there is a goal in this game i`ll eat my hat.

return of 39.17 for one placed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Don Johnson

I normally have a couple of accums going at the weekend, just to add more interest to sporting events at very little cost.

Southend v Preston
    I'm a home win believer but I prepared to take a chance on Preston @ very attractive odds of 1/1. Southend are hopeless at present losing their last 4 championship games. It's a confident bet on Preston for me at 1/1 with PP.

Sunderland v Southampton
    Under Keano Sunderland are either winning or losing, they are due a win and this could be the one as Southampton are hopeless away from home. The 11/10 on offer for a home win here is too good to miss.

Portsmouth v Fulham
    I think Fulham are punching above their weight and are due a loss away from home after drawing their last three away in the premiership.
    P/mouth have a v good home record this season and @ 4/5 for a home win with PP I must take it.

6.6/1

My other accum for the weekend is 4 home wins in the championship;

Cardiff 5/6
    Leeds 11/10
    Birmingham 4/9
    Ipswich 5/6

9.2/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Everton V Aston Villa

This is an interesting one because both teams have had hiccups in recent weeks after making very good starts.

It will be a very tight, physical contest and I don't expect there will be many chances but I'm going for Everton because it's a difficult place to go.

Home Win

Sheffield Utd V Bolton

Bolton will bounce back with an away win after those home defeats to Manchester United and Wigan. The Wigan result, in particular, will have been a huge shock and Sam Allardyce will have fired them up.

I can't see who's going to score the goals or who's going to stop them going in and nothing has changed my mind about that.

Away Win

Wigan V Charlton

Wigan's new players have started to gel and they've been rewarded with a run of three wins on the trot.

But Charlton are beginning to show a bit of form too after going five games unbeaten including two Carling Cup wins. Their confidence is higher and they've started to make a few chances so I think they'll get a point.

Draw

Just over 15/1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Looking at the weekends fixtures - it's a shockingly tough week to call. I'd say there might well be draws all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Man City v Newcastle
    Draw @ 11 - 5

Chelsea v Watford
    Chelsea @ 1 - 8

Everton v Aston Villa
    Everton @ 11 - 10

Middlesbrough v West Ham
    West Ham @ 12 - 5

Portsmouth v Fulham
    Portsmouth @ 4 - 5

Sheff Utd v Bolton
    Bolton @ 7 - 5

Wigan Athletic v Charlton
    Draw @ 9 - 4

Blackburn v Man Utd
    Man Utd @ 4 - 7

Reading v Tottenham
    Tottenham @ 6 - 5

Arsenal v Liverpool
    Draw @ 11 - 5

Stake: €1.00
    Tax: 0.0
    Potential Returns: €3,992.41

Just for a long shot bet... Who knows... Will be doing my proper accs tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Yoursomelanger

Everton V Aston Villa

This is an interesting one because both teams have had hiccups in recent weeks after making very good starts.

It will be a very tight, physical contest and I don't expect there will be many chances but I'm going for Everton because it's a difficult place to go.

Home Win

Sheffield Utd V Bolton

Bolton will bounce back with an away win after those home defeats to Manchester United and Wigan. The Wigan result, in particular, will have been a huge shock and Sam Allardyce will have fired them up.

I can't see who's going to score the goals or who's going to stop them going in and nothing has changed my mind about that.

Away Win

Wigan V Charlton

Wigan's new players have started to gel and they've been rewarded with a run of three wins on the trot.

But Charlton are beginning to show a bit of form too after going five games unbeaten including two Carling Cup wins. Their confidence is higher and they've started to make a few chances so I think they'll get a point.

Draw

Just over 15/1 ;)

Are these your own views or Mark Lawrenson's ????? think Everton/Villa will be a draw myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6116392.stm

haha, thats some bout of laziness you have tubber. :D i can see where you get your name from now though.

Southend vs Preston North End

I have been riding the Preston horsey for a while now, i hope it doesnt end this week. I would be surpised if it does. Preston have only lost twice this season in the Championship. They have won 5 of their last 6, and lost one against Burnely who are 3rd in the league.

Southend are on the other end of the scale. Only won 2 matches so far this season. They lost 7 of their last 8 and only drawn one in that time. Their last win came on the 19th of August. Despite there impressive win against Man united in the week they are still a terrible team. Their mid-week exploits might leave them a bit worn out aswell.

Prestons Danny Dichio is available after a ban to battle for one of two striking spots in the Preston team with David Nugent, Brett Ormerod and Patrick Agyemang. With their full strike force available, this could be a tough saturday for southend.

Preston @ 2.12

Middlesborugh vs West Ham

I am going too go with West Ham to beat Boro. I cant dazzle you with stats as too why, mainly because West ham have been shocking this season. The Hammers have only won their last 2 games and lost the previous 5 before that. They away record is lost 4, drawn 1, won 0. They have conceded 8 and only scored 2. But they seemed to of turned a corner lately, and this could well be the game they continue there improving by finally winning away.

Boro have lost their last 2 matches. Away at Watford and Man city. They dont have a bad hom record though. Beaten Everton, Chelsea and Newcastle. They have 2 defeats at home to blackburn and Pompey. They are one place behind West Ham in the league but level on points.

Team News: Boro will be missing Ugo Ehiogu, Stuart Parnaby and Mark Viduka. West ham's Anton Ferdinand is a doubt and so is Bobby Zamora.

They straight win for West ham at 3.45 is nice. So is the draw no bet at 2.34

Its a struggle finding other decent bets, i will hopefully find a few more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6116392.stm

haha, thats some bout of laziness you have tubber. :D i can see where you get your name from now though.

Well why bark when ya have a dog!!!!:D :D:D

i agree with most of his predictions, hence why i post them up here ;)

You should credit him with the predictions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Chelsea V Watford: @5/4(-2 Goals) Chelsea finally looked like a team of millionaire superstars against Villa in the Carling Cup and they cruised to a 4-0 victory. Shevchenko got on the scoresheet and I fancy him to gain confidence from that and bang in 1 or 2 tomorrow. Watford must cope without their star striker Marlon King whos a long term injury. Chelsea have a goal difference which is 10 worse off than Utd so hopefully Jose will try and reduce it.

Worthing V Walton + Hersham @11/10: Rymans league game here between two relegation threatened teams. However the away team seem to be in a lot worse shape than Worthing. Walton have lost 6 of their last 7 and sacked their manager duribg the week. As he left the club he was quoted as saying "'I wouldn't be surprised if they struggled to put out a team at Worthing'
    Checking on other forums it seems most of their 1st teamers are out. Worthing have been doing ok of late with a win and adraw and a 4-3 loss against 2nd place Ramsgate. At 11/10 its worth the risk.

Gillingham V Bromley @1/3: Wouldn't normally call 1/3 a great price but it sure is here. Gillingham play a team from 4 leagues below them in this FA Cup tie. Gillinghams home form has been fantastic all season and the only team to have beaten them is Nottingham Forest Clear home win for me. HT-FT is tempting @5/6 but Bromley will probably come out all guns blazing so i'll leave it.

Torquay V Leatherhead @2/7: Torquay are......ah for the love of God Pighead, they're playing LEATHERHEAD! Will you stop writing and go to sleep. No write up needed.
    Alright buddy. That'll do so.

Saturdays Taking Leatherhead Lightly Accumulator:
    30 Points: Chelsea(-2), Worthing, Gillingham, Torquay.@ 7.1/1

20 Points : Sunderland, Galway, Hamburg, Gillingham HT-FT @ 11/1

Good Luck To One And All.(Especially Mark Lawrenson)

• Advertisement

I think ill pick my own selections as i was cought useing lawros::D (ive used his selections twice)

im gonna try this bet.... ive got it up before

Man city v Newcastle: Goal up to and includeing the 30th min, Evens
    Chelsea V Watford: Goal up to and includeing 24th Min, 10/11
    Rangers V Dunfermline : Goal up to and includeing 24th 10/11

1 pays 7.29

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Can people please post the source of their prices? Name and shame the bookie that is going 5/4 on Chelsea(-2) in particular please pigdog?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

wyndham wrote:
    Can people please post the source of their prices? Name and shame the bookie that is going 5/4 on Chelsea(-2) in particular please pigdog?

paddy power i do believe

All my prices are from betfair.

wyndham wrote:
    As county has said tis Paddy Power going 5/4 on the -2. Don't think its a particularly standout price though. Boylesports for one go the same.

Your Selections:

Gillingham v Bromley
    11th of November 2006 3:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Gillingham @ 3 - 10

Worthing v Walton & Hersham
    Win-Draw-Win
    Worthing @ 11 - 10

Blackburn v Man Utd
    11th of November 2006 5:15pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Man Utd @ 4 - 7

Torquay v Leatherhead
    Win-Draw-Win
    Torquay @ 2 - 7

Ireland v South Africa
    11th of November 2006 5:00pm
    Match Betting
    South Africa @ 13 - 8

Chelsea v Watford
    Handicap Betting
    Chelsea -2.0 @ 5 - 4

Your Bets:

Receipt No.: ******
    Bet Type: Accumulator (6)
    Stake per Line: €20.00
    Number of Lines: 1
    Stake: €20.00
    Potential Returns: €651.54

Receipt No.: *******
    Bet Type: Lucky 63
    Stake per Line: €0.50
    Number of Lines: 63
    Stake: €31.50
    Potential Returns: €246.36

Receipt No.: ********
    Bet Type: Fivefolds from 6
    Stake per Line: €10.00
    Number of Lines: 6
    Stake: €60.00
    Potential Returns: €1,135.30

Summary:

Total Stake: €111.50
    Tax: €0.00
    Total Amount Paid: €111.50

Best of luck,

HT Scores

Chelsea 2-0 Watford

Gillingham 1-0 Bromley

Torquay 0-1 Leatherhead :eek:

torquay 2-1 up now. Bromley just pulled one back now though. 2-1 to gills.

Southend vs Preston North End :(

Middlesborugh vs West Ham :(

0-0 for preston, hammers lost 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Pulling my fookin hair out. Feck Sunderland and their poxy draw:mad: how could they:mad: 90th minute:mad: Bastids:mad:

/rant over

• Advertisement

Got 5/6 correct. Didn't know SA were playing 2nd strength. Thought the price was a bit on the high side alright. Still money back and then some. Good day for you Pighead and very nice selections. Well done and thank you. Was a bit worried to see Leatherhead 1-0 up at half-time against Torquay .lol. Also couldn't find the Worthing result/score anywhere (Ryman League), but they won, apparently.

0-0 for preston, hammers lost 1-0
    hammers let me down aswell,i might throw a few quid on a 2-2 draw in the big game tomorrow,(14-1)

i dunno, i cant see reading scoring 2 goals. :p

I probaly wait to see liverpool line up, worried we might go 5 accross th midfield.

Pighead wrote:
    [/B]
    Saturdays Taking Leatherhead Lightly Accumulator:
    30 Points: Chelsea(-2):) , Worthing:) , Gillingham:) , Torquay:) .@ 7.1/1

20 Points : Sunderland:( , Galway:) , Hamburg:( , Gillingham HT-FT:) @ 11/1[/B]

Good Luck To One And All.(Especially Mark Lawrenson)

Phew! Thank you C McPhee! Your goal in the 72nd minute just saved Pighead from having quite a lot of egg on his face! I shall never take the mighty Leatherhead lightly again. Worthing won 2-0 and Gillingham and Chelsea both had easy wins.

Two late goals against Sunderland and Hamburg mean Bet 2 is a big fat loser! Still though, nice profit on the day so mustn't grumble.

Points Staked: 50
    Points Returned: 242
    Profit: 192 Points

Pighead wrote:
    Phew! Thank you C McPhee! Your goal in the 72nd minute just saved Pighead from having quite a lot of egg on his face! I shall never take the mighty Leatherhead lightly again. Worthing won 2-0 and Gillingham and Chelsea both had easy wins.

Two late goals against Sunderland and Hamburg mean Bet 2 is a big fat loser! Still though, nice profit on the day so mustn't grumble.

Points Staked: 50
    Points Returned: 242
    Profit: 192 Points

nice profit there pighead,you having a flutter today?

county wrote:
    nice profit there pighead,you having a flutter today?
    Aye, afraid I am. Tried fighting it all morning but i'm a weak weak man county.
    Nothing too big too, Sundays a day for the small stakes and big dinners.

Unterhacing V Essen @11/10: Looking at the German 2nd Div table you'd call this a no bet with Essen 2nd from bottom and Unterhacing 5th last but on closer inspection the home team are in much better shape.
    Last 6 games: Unter-WDWLLW Essen-LDLLLL. As you can see Essen are in dire form and as a result their manager got the boot recently. Pighead likes betting against managerless out of form teams so @11/10 Unterhacing get my vote.

Osasuna V Real Madrid@ 8/11. Osasunas recent record of 1 win in 10 games tells its own story, The fact that solitary win came against a Spanish 3rd division side in the cup makes things even bleaker for the home side. Now as we all know Madrid can be horrible inconsistent(demonstrated by last weeks home loss against Celta) but against tonights opposition and with a full squad to choose from Capello really should bag all 3 points.

Detroit City 2.45 Cheltenham@11/8: Those in form horse racing forum tipsters across the way quite fancy this ones chances. Thats good enough for Pighead.

Sundays Treble:
    20 Points: Unterhacing, Real Madrid, Detroit City@7.61/1
    10 Points: Unterhacing, Real Madrid, Spurs(DNB@4/7), Arsenal(1/1)@10.40

Bet starts at 1 o Clock with the mighty Unterhacing taking to the park

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Detroit City 2.45 Cheltenham@11/8: Those in form horse racing forum tipsters across the way quite fancy this ones chances. Thats good enough for Pighead.
    If it's good enough for Glenbhoy's new hero, it's good enough for Glenbhoy;)

Did'nt actually take your acca yesterday, but you pointed me well in the direction of the Chelsea game as being a potential goal fest, what with Schevo scoring and all too - nice pointer. (pity Torquay didn't make the HT/FT double as that would have got me a nice 4 figure bet up!), still mustn't grumble.

Also laying less than 2.5 goal in Reading v Spurs at 1.66 - I just think it's value and feel like a punt.

decided to throw a small amount on over 6 corners for spurs at 6-4.

Unterhacing too early start for me, so half yesterday's profit has gone on this:

Your Selections:

Reading v Tottenham
    12th of November 2006 1:30pm
    Draw No Bet
    Tottenham @ 4 - 7

St Mirren v Celtic
    12th of November 2006 2:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Celtic @ 3 - 10

Arsenal v Liverpool
    12th of November 2006 4:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Arsenal @ evens

Osasuna v Real Madrid
    12th of November 2006 6:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Real Madrid @ 8 - 11

Barcelona v Deportivo Quito
    12th of November 2006 9:00pm
    Win-Draw-Win
    Barcelona @ 2 - 5

2:45 GREATWOOD HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 110yds
    12th of November 2006 2:45pm
    Win or each way
    Detroit City @ 11 - 8

Your Bets:

Receipt No.: *******
    Bet Type: Accumulator (6)
    Stake per Line: €3.59
    Number of Lines: 1
    Stake: €3.59
    Potential Returns: €84.24

Receipt No.: ********
    Bet Type: Fourfolds from 6
    Stake per Line: €2.00
    Number of Lines: 15
    Stake: €30.00
    Potential Returns: €254.22

Receipt No.: *********
    Bet Type: Fivefolds from 6
    Stake per Line: €5.00
    Number of Lines: 6
    Stake: €30.00
    Potential Returns: €424.70

Summary:
    Total Stake: €63.59
    Tax: €0.00
    Total Amount Paid: €63.59
    Best of luck

GL All

• Advertisement

40' Unterhaching [1 - 1] RW Essen
    26' [1 - 0] S. Buck (pen.)
    27' [1 - 1] S. Buck (o.g.)

Lol he equalised his peno after 1 minute.

Advertisement