Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first real effort at writing

Options
  • 09-11-2006 7:51pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Help Him

He stands alone,
    Surrounded by the crowd,
    A torrent of noise bearing down on the boy,
    Beating right into him,
    The focus of the shouting.

Those who once did,
    And those who still do claim,
    Those who still do claim to be
    His friends
    Stand aside, now part of the crowd.

The noise crushes his spirit in
    Waves of raw hate,
    And eyes peer down from windows above.
    They come from all corners and scatter the crowd,
    Just two minutes too late.

Still he is alone,
    But remains the focus of attention.
    Forgotten, for the moment, by the mob.
    Instead questions rain down on him,
    Making him think about it all over again.

Tears are held back and the questions stop,
    Although not quite satisfied by the
    Quickly thought up answers.
    A bell rings and he is returned to the room where they sit,
    And there it begins all over again.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

feel free to read and comment on this, I've got about 50 poems so i'll put up more for anyone who wants to see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

What's she about?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's about a young boy in a school-yard at during a break between classes. The incident basically involves one child being surrounded by the rest of the students in the school, who all roar abuse at him for their own amusement. We call it a "waa" in my school because that's what the noise sounds like from a distance. It's probably one of the worst single experiences of bullying a kid can go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Figured it was something like that alright, just making sure, now that thats been clarified, I like it.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

I must say that you do have a flair for writing. Well done! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

This has happened to me, lately and in the past. It sucks. Your friends aren't joining in (well, actually, some are..) but they're not defending you either, which makes it hurt all the more. You've captured it perfectly. Well done.

Advertisement