Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to ship a guitar?

Options
  • 08-11-2006 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

So, how the hell would one go about doing this?

It's an electric, it has a hardcase, should i try and find a box to put it in? if so where do i get one? Or is the hard case enough? Should i just pack it full of bubble wrap? Also does anyone know how much it would cost to ship?

Also, same question but this time relating to a Fireball:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

LundiMardi wrote:
    So, how the hell would one go about doing this?

It's an electric, it has a hardcase, should i try and find a box to put it in? if so where do i get one? Or is the hard case enough? Should i just pack it full of bubble wrap? Also does anyone know how much it would cost to ship?

Also, same question but this time relating to a Fireball:o

Try www.parcel2go.com for the shipping. Cover the case with bubble wrap and put it in a cardboard box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Ah bummer, i just threw away a couple of cardboard boxes i had recieved guitars in...and shedloads of bubblewrap...
    Id imagine musicmaker or somewhere will give you a box that will fit a hardcase inside, try them while they arent busy and they may indulge you..
    Definitely, yeah, put the hardcase in a cardboard box, and bubblewrap the whole thing.
    It would be grand without the cardbox box probably, but id do it anyway to help hide what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Make sure you put it in a carboard box, and feel free to bubble wrap the hardcase to the ott levels ishibashi use for peace of mind. My keyboard mysteriously vanished from the hands of UPS, and I'm stuck waiting for musicstore to issue the replacement. Since July.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

When it comes to packing, more is always better. Dont forget to make sure nothing inside the case (eg trem arm, Allen keys etc) can move around and damage anything.

Advertisement