Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to find top irish traders?

Options
  • 08-11-2006 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to track down the top 10 irish traders (of derivatives/bonds/currency/commodities) for an article I'm writing.

The only place I know of in Dublin is Geneva Trading...

I have one Irish guy's name and the company he works for (in London), but would be extremely grateful if anyone can help with any pointers so I can track these guys down.

I realise that some of them might be working for themselves...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Huh? Every stockbroker and bank in the country will have traders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

true but the cream of the crop will be either working for themselves or for a select few firms I guess, hence the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

You should look at a guy called Gervaise Williams,Manages the Gartmore irish equity fund,uncannily sucessful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

The top Irish traders work in London for large institutional banks,GS,ML,etc.

You are unlikely to get any responses from these companies about individual employees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Yep I agree with Dunk, Ireland is a backwater in terms of traders and trading companies. The big money for traders in Europe is London and that's where you will find the majority of top european traders.

Also most firms are reluctant to give details about individual traders as there is a lot of poaching / head-hunting going on.

Just so you understand, Geneva trades for its own account, so I will be extremely surprised if they tell you anything. There are one or two other prop trading companies in Dublin, but again, they like to keep a low profile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement