Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesdays Football

Options
  • 07-11-2006 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Gonna go with these 2 from the Bundesliga

stuttgart V Hamburg Home win
    Dortmund V Aachen Home win

1 pays 2.61 so gonna put a big amount on this 1!!!!:D :D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭The Cowboy

I`ve gone for

30pts: Strasbourg, Stuttgart, Shamrock Rovers @ 5.49

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Good luck with that Tubbertown, hopefully Hamburg don't decide tonights the night to stop their ridiculously bad run. Fingers crossed buddy.

Anyway not getting too involved tonight as its Carling Cup night. Just gonna have a few Correct Score bets. Theres generally quite a few goals in this competition so i'm gonna go for a few big scorelines. United are putting out a strong team so hopefully they'll bang in a few.

2 Points: Man Utd to bt Southend 4-1@150/1
    1 Points Man Utd to Bt Southend 5-0@300/1
    2 Points Man Utd to bt Southend 4-0@ 66/1
    3 Points Man Utd to bt Southend 3-0 @20/1
    2 Points Southend to draw 2-2 with Man Utd@80/1

3 Points Watford to bt Newcastle 4-2 @80/1
    2 Points Newcastle to bt Watford 4-2@100/1

5 point accumulator: Man Utd(-1)@10/11, Charlton HT-FT@2/1, Watford@5/4, Falkirk(+1)@13/5= 46/1

Hopefully we'll see goals tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Cheers pighead..... Dortmund let me down (not suprised, there real newcastley..if that makes sense:confused: ) wasent to bad as i got stuttgart at evens at halftime so made up for my loss on the 2 :D The carling cup is like betting on a roulette table!!!!! i stay away from it myself.

its looking like defeat for man u :eek: , if that was the F.A cup utd would win 7-0, the carling cup needs to be abolished...for the good of football ....oh and our betting accounts.

Pighead wrote:

2 Points: Man Utd to bt Southend 4-1@150/1
    1 Points Man Utd to Bt Southend 5-0@300/1
    2 Points Man Utd to bt Southend 4-0@ 66/1
    3 Points Man Utd to bt Southend 3-0 @20/1
    2 Points Southend to draw 2-2 with Man Utd@80/1

3 Points Watford to bt Newcastle 4-2 @80/1
    2 Points Newcastle to bt Watford 4-2@100/1

5 point accumulator: Man Utd(-1)@10/11, Charlton HT-FT@2/1, Watford@5/4, Falkirk(+1)@13/5= 46/1

Hopefully we'll see goals tonight!
    Unfortunately we didn't see too many goals with Southend shocking Utd with a 1-0 win. Newcastle and Watford briefly gave Pighead a bit of hope when it went to 2-2 but alas there were no more goals.

Points Staked: 20
    Points Lost: 20
    Loss: 20

Just gonna do a sneaky double tonight to try and get a few quid for the weekends betting.

Hibs V Hearts @10/11 (Draw No Bet) Excellent price here for Hibbies where new manager John Collins will be determined to win his first Edinburgh Derby. Hibs have a decent record against Hearts and have lost just once in the past 4 meetings. Hearts are in poor form and haven't won in 5 matches. Celtics last minute winner last week was a blow to their already fragile confidence. Hibs have a full squad to choose from. Hearts are missing McCann and Cesnaukis. Pigheads sure Hibs can get at least a draw hee.

Everton V Arsenal: @5/4. Gonna go with Everton here to beat Wengers kids. This is by no means an easy tie for Everton who got tonked by the kiddies 3-1 a couple of seasons back. But Everton are a better side these days and in Johnson they finally have someone who can score consistently. Everton drew with the 1st teamers a couple of weeks back and with home advantage I fancy them to progress tonight.

25 Points Double:
    Everton, Hibs(DNB)@ 4.5/1

• Advertisement

Bah. Mixed fortunes in the first half. Hibs are beating Hearts 1-0 and looking good but Everton are down to 10 men after McFadden got dismissed. Gonna be hard to beat the Arsenal now. Currently 0-0 at half time.

Hibs win 1-0 but 10 men Everton lose 1-0 to Arsenal. Gambling can be a cruel mistress!

Points Staked:20
    Points Lost: 20
    Loss:20

Just heard the team news for tonights big match and its good news if your a Dundalk fan.
    Philly Hughes starts which means this is a decent betting opportunity. Hughes has scored against Limerick 3 teams this season and hes the divisions top scorer with 21 goals. An absolute must win game for Dundalk after their loss to Monaghan last week(when Hughes didn't play).

Dundalk V Limerick HT-FT@7/5Gonna go for HT-FT as I reckon Dundalk will shoot out of the blocks to make amends for last weeks disaster. We also have a cracking record against Limerick and they haven't beaten us since 2003(10 games I think). Last 3 games read 2-1 3-2 and 3-1 all in favour of Dundalk(2 away games).

Hendry V White @4/7: Premier league snooker tonight sees the dour Scotsman take on the housewifes favourite. Poor old Jimmy has plummeted down the rankings and hasn't qualified for one tournament all season. Hes only one 1 league game all season(V 19 yr old Ding Jinhui) and has little hope of qualifying. Hendry on the other hand has a great chance of qualifying but must win tonight to make sure. Hes in good form lately and hammered Doherty 4-2 last time out. Only danger here for me is the draw. They only play 6 frames so 3-3 is possible which is a bit of a stinker for betting purposes. Anyway I reckon Hendry will have enough

Thursdays double:
    20 Points
    Dundalk HT-FT@7/5
    Hendry @4/7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Pighead wrote:
    Hibs win 1-0 but 10 men Everton lose 1-0 to Arsenal. Gambling can be a cruel mistress!

When she decides to put out its great though.

When she decides to put out its great though.
    Ha Ha. So true. Hopefully shes feeling nice and slutty tonight. Otherwise Pighead may have to end our beautiful affair(Yeah right)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

quite fancy a 3-1 dundalk at 11-1

Advertisement