Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one that turns into a Lion (or maybe a Tiger, I donno)

Options
  • 07-11-2006 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Anyway, no2 son wants it for Christmas, coz it looks really cool on the back of the poster he got with his last Transformer. All I know is that its a Cybertron (and do be honest, I'm a little hazy with that but I'm assuming it is) and that Ken Blacks in Portlaoise, Smyths in Limerick and World of Wonder in Nenagh dont have it.

I possess a fear of credit cards so I will have to get it on the ground here somewhere.

Any help?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(toy_line)

is it the one on the back row here??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=677&size=0&start=0
    http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=945&size=0&start=0
    its more than likely this one (2 versions of same)

oh and i havent seen him anywhere in dublin so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

that link didnt work for me but i think i found the toy in this link:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default.cfm?page=Products/Detail&product_id=16807

I'm pretty sure thats the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Smyths on the childers road in limerick had one as of 2 weeks ago Ill b going out there again on thursday so if its still there ill let you know

Smyths on Childers Road was where all this started.

I'm not sure of the exact colour, never seen it in real life, just on the back of the poster which no2 clings to in bed. This is really becoming a sob story, sorry.

I'll ckeck out the Tesco here in Nenagh tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Is Leobreaker meant to be Lio Convoy or what..?

Rozie wrote:
    Is Leobreaker meant to be Lio Convoy or what..?

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

One of the classics line is Leobreaker, repainted to look like Lio Convoy. Apparently, Lio Convoy's new western name is Leo Prime. I am NEVER saying that name again. Lio convoy forever.

GWolf wrote:
    One of the classics line is Leobreaker, repainted to look like Lio Convoy. Apparently, Lio Convoy's new western name is Leo Prime. I am NEVER saying that name again. Lio convoy forever.

Thats ok, but what do I ask the lad in the shop for?

Leobreaker

• Advertisement

GWolf wrote:

That particular toy is the size of a key ring
    and unavailable in this country at the moment

Just to say that I got it Saturday in Smyths Jervis Street Dublin. Couldnt beleive it was so small as it looks big in the photo on the back of that poster i mentioned.

BUGGER

:D:D:D:D

Back to the drawing board.

Where the flippy neck can you get that?!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i love kudo's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good old Xanthor, always finding the Transformers we need ;D

I seem to recall Smyths on Jervis St. had them when I was in last week. Maybe you could ring them and ask.

popebenny, if you still haven't gotten it, Lio Convoy is a MUCH better toy. Even the LOC Lio Convoy repaint is better than the original Leobreaker LOC(the one you mistakenly got). You should show your kid pictures of Lio Convoy... he's really quite cool, he's very "gimmick packed" much like the original Optimus Primal, so he makes an exellent toy as well as a collectors item. He'd be "fun for years to come" to coin a phrase.

Lio Convoy/"Leo Prime" Image Gallery:

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=97&size=0&start=0

Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Beast-Wars-Lio-Convoy-LioConvoy-Exclusive_W0QQitemZ260063912065QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2485QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I'd say you can get him for cheaper, that one's some exclusive repaint(the original is more "optimus prime" looking) but he's a great toy and worth the money.

Here's a smaller, cheaper one that probably doesn't have as many gimmicks

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Robot-Masters-Lio-Convoy-RM-22_W0QQitemZ170062311533QQihZ007QQcategoryZ4694QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Online is your best bet for all Transformers - Ireland is **** at getting them in.

Just wanted to thank Dominatorx, Xanthor and Rozie and for their help and suggestions, they wont go to waste even though the Big Red Guy has gone home for another year, for there are birthdays and special occasions during the year.

In the end, he likes the little one quite a lot, as he takes it to bed most nights. Looking at the links Rozie put up I know he'd go for that one next as he is going through a "lion" phase.

Now, if you think that was hard, the bloody Middlesboro Jersey was a nightmare (still got it though) thathas a lion on it too..........

Anyway thanks a lot to all who helped.

Now, if you think that was hard, the bloody Middlesboro Jersey was a nightmare (still got it though) thathas a lion on it too..........
    You should definately get that Lio Convoy now. He matches the jersey.
    Oh and whatever happens dont let your child convert to a Man United fan. When I was in school I was the only Arsenal fan around and they were rubbish. But I stuck by with them and they became a great team.

Think I'll save my money and import BWII Galvatron and Lio Convoy.

GWolf wrote:
    Think I'll save my money and import BWII Galvatron and Lio Convoy.

Alas they wont b easy to find
    the figures are a good 8 years old
    I had to get mine at a convention

• Advertisement

Dominatorx wrote:
    Alas they wont b easy to find
    the figures are a good 8 years old
    I had to get mine at a convention

I'm gonna get Galvatron and Deszaras. That should be a fun search

If you want a Lio Convoy get the Robot Masters one. Its only 2 years old and can be gotten MISB* fairly cheap.

Mint In Sealed Box.

Galvasean wrote:
    If you want a Lio Convoy get the Robot Masters one. Its only 2 years old and can be gotten MISB* fairly cheap.

Mint In Sealed Box.

I thinik the original looks better. I know a few guys I can get these off of anyway.

RM Lio Isn't that costly at all - http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-ROBO-MASTER-LIO-CONVOY-RM-22-W-DVD-MISB_W0QQitemZ130067188950QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4694QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I'd hold out for a full, bigger Convoy as he's gimmick packed.

I'd also HIGHLY recommend the Beast Wars Reborn/Toy'R'Us 2 pack. The Reborn Primal is just honestly one of the best "Toys" ever. Like Lio Convoy he's gimmick packed. He comes with 2 swords, rocket launchers that spring off his back, a creepy looking mace hidden in his arm, a switch to wiggle his fists and his left arm transforms into a gun. The Robot Masters version is also pretty good. The Megatron in that pack turns into a pretty convincing T-Rex. He has hip mounted launchers, and a challenging transformation. It would make for an excellent birthday present, especially since it comes with a DVD of a Beast Wars episode too.

Primal is not the greatest "Transformer", but one of the most entertaining toys ever made.

I think your kid would love Beast Wars. Which is excellent for you as a parent, as you can regularly get huge loose lots of figures. It's also the best TF show ever made, and is enjoyable to adults as well as children. I can give you the name of a seller who sells them weekly. You're talking about 6-10 Euros a (deluxe, normally E15) fig if you buy in bulk to save on shipping, and some of the Beast Wars stuff is *fantastically* detailed, not like many of the lazily, flat deco'd TFs of today. Some of the cooler and rarer ones go for more though, you'd be paying 20 for Depth Charge or Tigerhawk. The newer ones cost a bit as the show is no longer running they're collecter orientated, the Primal/Megs 2 pack goes for around $40 on eBay and there's also the redone Primal/Megs an the 10th Anniversary repaints of Cheetor, Waspinator, Dinobot, Tarantulas, Rhinox, Rattrap, and the new Takara figs coming out this year are pretty costly.

The Season 1 toys aren't the best though, too much kibble. Transmetals and Fuzors are excellent, some of the Beast Machine figs aren't too bad either,a nd the BWII(where Lio comes from) and Neo ones are similiar to the first series but better. Japan only though, so they're difficult to find, but I think Neo got repainted and released in America at some point.

If he likes lions, there's also Cheetahs and Tigers. Transmetal (1, not 2) Cheetor is simple an amazing figure. I personally really like Fuzor Silverbolt(Winged wolf) too but others disagree.

Just make sure to explain that Optimus Primal and Megatron are different guys from the originals ;)

Course a lot of the BWII line up are just repaints of BW toys. Plus a nice few from the Neo line up as well.

GWolf wrote:
    Course a lot of the BWII line up are just repaints of BW toys. Plus a nice few from the Neo line up as well.

I have many of ther neo toys and boy let me tell you are they ever fiddly
    dubbed by some as the kibble masters and they truly live up to that name
    Big convoy in particular is a pain in the butt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Rozie wrote:
    RM Lio Isn't that costly at all - http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-ROBO-MASTER-LIO-CONVOY-RM-22-W-DVD-MISB_W0QQitemZ130067188950QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4694QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

It's also the best TF show ever made, and is enjoyable to adults as well as children.

I'm beginning to think the whole TF thing is built around the toys and maybe around the comic?
    I decided recently to relive those former glory days of youth so I watched all the original TF series. Prrrrretty painful after the first few episodes. It all became far too obvious that they were just selling toys and I guess I never really noticed it as a kid.
    That TF Armada thing is rather painful too... just because kids are young, it doesn't mean they need incredibly bad dialogue.

Yeah... Transformer toys were cool... do any of the modern toys hold a candle to the metal classics of old?

I'm beginning to think the whole TF thing is built around the toys and maybe around the comic?
    I decided recently to relive those former glory days of youth so I watched all the original TF series. Prrrrretty painful after the first few episodes. It all became far too obvious that they were just selling toys and I guess I never really noticed it as a kid.
    That TF Armada thing is rather painful too... just because kids are young, it doesn't mean they need incredibly bad dialogue.

Yeah... Transformer toys were cool... do any of the modern toys hold a candle to the metal classics of old?

Yes. They have actual posability now. Most of the old toys were bricks that didn't look a lot like their show counterparts.

Only problem is a lot of TF toys nowadays look very tacky due to the use of flat looking plastic.

However, you have your Titaniums, which are fantastic toys, and have more metal than the originals. I'm waiting on a Rodimus and Soundwave tomorrow. You can get them in Argos, I think.

Advertisement